Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrporto
Channel Surfer

Ok Button On Remote Not Working

I have a very similar case, remote partially works, that is, arrows right and left work but the rest doesnt. what could it be?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ok Button On Remote Not Working

Hi @rrporto,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know that your remote is not working.

We would recommend visiting our Support page for the first step of your troubleshooting here: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rrporto
Channel Surfer

no, it doesn't work.

nothing. reset via device, reset via physical button, new batteries, even factory reset.

not with factory reset I lost connection via app as well. so ... yeah ... cant even use it anymore,

what now??

we should have a customer support number.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rrporto,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than glad to assist you further and need more information. Could you please send us the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Roku remote model and serial number.

We would appreciate your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rrporto
Channel Surfer

Hello Kash,

please note that I performed a factory reset, that is, device is set back to its first time use. so when I turn it on, it asked for the very first thing which is language ... which (as described) I cant select because controller doesnt work and app lost its connection (due to factory reset).

therefore I can only provide you what is physically written on device.

model: 3920X

SN:K429A5399078

FCC ID: TC2-R1024

Thanks,

Rafael

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rrporto,

Thanks for your response!

We have passed along your information and concerns to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NVDan

I am experiencing the same problem. Everything has been fine for quite some time and then today it just stopped. I have a Roku TV and when I use the remote a light comes on at the bottom of the screen. It still does that for everything except the OK button and the Home button. I've tried everything except the factory reset. I've noticed that those who have tried the factory reset have discovered the OK button still doesn't work and you can't complete the setup.

Something else I've noticed, the phone app won't connect with the TV. It doesn't see it. I tried putting in the IP address and it still wouldn't see it.

0 Kudos
rrporto
Channel Surfer

yeah. I would say DO NOT perform factory reset. it hasnt work for me, that is, remote situation hasnt improved at all but I've lost connection between cell (app) and device ... which means ... Roku is now dead since I dont have the remote to set it up again (and once you do the factory reset you lost connection between app and device).

if your remote doesnt work, I would probably try another one from a friend of neighbor. if it still doesnt work, you then have, at least, the option to use app only.

on my end, I am not buying another roku tv. if after 2 years of perfect care the device stopped working I wont be trusting my money into it again, specially without technical support to fix devices. to me this is another chaos engineering where things are programmed to not last forcing you to spend more money. not my money though... at least not to Roku. Now I am moving to fire TV or chrome cast

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NVDan,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're grateful to you for sharing this information with us, and we would like to help. It might be best to replace your Roku remote with a new one due to its longevity. You can visit this website to browse for Roku remotes that are compatible with your Roku TV at this link: Remotes and Accessories. Make sure to browse for the Roku Voice Remote since this is the remote that is compatible with Roku TVs.

In addition, you can refer to this support article on how to successfully set up your Roku mobile app as a remote. How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi®

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tvs23
Reel Rookie

We have one Roku remote where the ok button basically does not work. The arrow buttons require a sharp push to work. I have sync another of our remotes with this Roku and they work just fine. The Roku is streaming stick 4k with voice remote, not rechargeable. Battery level is fine. I have serial numbers etc.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.