Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rod53

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Remote Stopped Controlling A/V Receiver Volume

Jump to solution

This is completely unacceptable. Looks like the only solution is throw the Roku in the trash and get another brand. That’s what I’m going to do.

0 Kudos
AvCordCut435
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried to send you a private message with what fixed it for me but roku says I can’t private message you.

try to PM me and I’ll respond with the fix that worked for me

0 Kudos
Dethsquad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm the original poster... not sure what happend but over new years the volume control starting working again. I did nothing but it must've been an auto-update that enabled it to work again, so keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't magically stop working again.

AvCordCut435
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I started a similar thread where my volume controls stopped working … someone on the forums PM’d me a secret menu trick to re-enable the volume controls without having to wait and pray.

apparently the secret menu steps aren’t allowed to be openly posted in the forum 😕

0 Kudos
Dethsquad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh yes, I got a similar message from a helpful forum poster, however even though I was able to access the hidden menu, I didn't have the option to get the volume control working, it just wasn't an option on the Roku 4200x I guess. That is when I gave up, but thankfully it just started working again a few weeks ago, and it was a very pleasant surprise. It had to be a side effect from a recent system update.

0 Kudos
nashricky

Jump to solution

Can you send me the info you received to get the remote to work please?

0 Kudos
nashricky

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as everyone else in this thread and it seems a few people received some backend access or workaround. I don't know how to PM or it does not work for my account so please respond with a way to access this information. I refuse to give roku more money because that is exactly what they want you to do. Buy another device because the ROKU 3 devices have not died so they make your remote not work. See how this works.

AvCordCut435
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

PM sent … unfortunately moving to a new roku will probably have the same issue … I ended up upgrading and it reverted back to the hdmi cec issue but the secret trick did fix it on the new one 

0 Kudos
palmers603
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Could I please get a PM with this info as well?  

0 Kudos
palmers603
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@AvCordCut435 Could I get a pm as well please?

0 Kudos