Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ibted46

Re: Volume Issue on my Television while using roku

My volume started going to max when I turned on my Roku TV today. I thought maybe remote probs so changed batteroes and still at max volume 

0 Kudos
ghouston
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

Just happened again to me too. 11:35pm. TV blasts off to volume 65. Panic to turn the volume down before it blows my TV speakers.

Getting pretty **bleep**ing tired of this.

I get this may be a difficult issue to diagnose, but what most software companies would do is at least consider a version rollback until they nail down the issue. Maybe Roku has considered this. But what most software companies also usually do is provide more of an update when a potentially destructive bug exists in the wild for well over a month.

donb
Roku Guru

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

I was thinking rollback as well.  And, maybe pushing beta releases to select users.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ibted46

Thanks for the post.

If you remove the batteries from your remote do you still experience an issue with the volume on your Roku TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kaz1
Channel Surfer

Yes, I have removed batteries and still have the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Shirlene
Reel Rookie

I too am having the same problem with my remote. I purchased the Roku Express 4K+ a couple months ago and have been having problems with up and down volume. Does Roku replace defective remotes?

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

It is not the remote. All was well before OS 11.5.0 pushed.

1. I bought a brand new remote, same problem.
  2. I bought a brand new 3820x, same problem.
  3. I OTA updated the remote firmware, to no avail.
  4. I performed a KWS OTA update, to no avail.
  5. I reset the remote, still no go.
  6. I tried many different remote codes, no bueno.

My old RC150 remote does not exhibit the issue though.

0 Kudos
milwbassplayer
Channel Surfer

that's a lot of remotes they'll have to replace .. lol .. better to fix the issue before people start talking **bleep** about Roku and stop buying it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
milwbassplayer
Channel Surfer

i have 3 roku devices in the house , i watch 2 of them more so , the volume issue does the stupidness on all of them .

0 Kudos