Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaz1
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

I have the same problem with my 3931k units. Anyone responded?

0 Kudos
chall3809
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Volume Control Raise/Lower levels won't stop - keep going to max or 0

Nope - nothing yet. 

0 Kudos
DeltagGal65
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL roku tv volume goes up itself

I already had a soundbar, never installed it - so I did.  How do you disconnect the TV's speakers?  Because the little icon in the top right hand corner is constantly showing and says 100.  it's just an annoying reminder that the sound it messed up, but anyway to get that notification off the tv screen?  Curious.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be advised that we are aware of this issue and our team is currently investigating it. If you haven't yet, reply here with the following: 

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. Are you using the Roku Voice Remote Pro?

Once we have the details asked above, we'll be able to forward them to the appropriate Roku team for additional information.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

1. Serial number YH0097428140, Device ID C13799428140, OS 11.5.0 build 4235-50.

2. No.

3. tracker ID 40-436-433.

4. Start certain videos and then immediately adjust volume.  I have reproduced the issue using Roku | Media Player, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video and YouTube. The tricky thing is, that it does it on certain videos only.

5. Yes. 

(I have an old RC150 remote that does not exhibit this issue though).

0 Kudos
Kaz1
Channel Surfer

1. Model 3931x, sn x004009mo1hv, soft 11.5.0 build 4235 ae 

2. Any channel 

3. Tracker hv-456-749

4. Tune to a channel, turn up,volume, jumps to or drops to zero

5. No

0 Kudos
Kaz1
Channel Surfer

My line four should read, tune to a channel, turn up the volume, the volume jumps to 99 or drops to zero all by itself.  It usually jumps up to 99.  
Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kaz1 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Remote volume going up and down too much

my Roku Express (3900 series)  4k+ remote has been giving me problems where when I try to turn the volume up a few notches, it rapidly goes up all the way, and the same goes for turning it down. I tried repairing my remote and changed the batteries, as well as cleaning it but nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe the issue is now resolved. We would recommend checking to see if the issue is still occurring and keeping us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos