Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

Hi Community users,

As a friendly reminder when posting in the Community, posts need to adhere to the Roku Community guidelines:

Please be respectful while engaging in the Community. We have a no-tolerance policy for any behavior that violates our Community Guidelines, disrupts the positive spirit of the Community, or is rude, inappropriate, or offensive.

As previously notated in this thread, please be aware that Roku device remotes do not support control of external audio products, other than Roku audio devices.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
maledictis
Channel Surfer

Re: Controlling Audio Level with Roku Remote with Denon Av Receiver and Projector

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi Community users,

As previously notated in this thread, please be aware that Roku device remotes do not support control of external audio products, other than Roku audio devices.

Best regards,
Mary

I will not let my Denon AVR read this post. 😏

0 Kudos
crazywater
Reel Rookie

So I am able to control the Denon X2100W after I turned on Anynet.  However it was working fine without Anynet being turned on before the 11.5 update.  When I look at my other Ultra under Remotes it says that that this remote is controlling my Denon brand TV.  Obviously its a Samsung TV.  So I am waiting to see what happens when it updates to 11.5.  That one will probably break too.

0 Kudos
SharkAndYeti
Binge Watcher

Thank you!   Yes.  Just found your PM.   I'll give it a go.  Instructions seem vaguely familiar.... I may have discovered this way back when I first bought my Roku Ultra and had subsequently removed it from my memory banks due to a lack of need, or possibly space.  🙂     I guess because this isn't officially supported, we can't talk about the steps to make it work in this forum.  Robot Frustrated

0 Kudos
SharkAndYeti
Binge Watcher

I was able to figure out how to get my remote to once again control the volume on my Denon AVR.   I wish this hadn’t taken hours of my life just to get a straight answer but apparently we aren’t allowed to discuss the secret menu that allows us to do such things as switch the Roku remote from IR control to CEC.   When I changed batteries on my remote or when my Roku Ultra updated, I don’t know which, my remote went from CEC to IR control, thus breaking the ability to adjust volume on my Denon AVR.  I had to access the secret menu to get remote back to CEC control.  Thank you so much to those of you who actually helped me.   Why the solution has to be such a secret is beyond me.  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Gwtaylor
Reel Rookie

I still have been unable to resolve this. I still believe it is the upgrade that caused it. 

0 Kudos
SharkAndYeti
Binge Watcher

My Denon AVR read this post and flatly disagrees with it.  

0 Kudos
sgtcage1971
Binge Watcher

11.5 4216 cec issues. Lost volume control to my Denon receiver

I just did the update to 11.5 4216 last night and now my volume control from my roku remote to my Denon receiver does not work.  It worked just fine before this update. I have turned off cec on all devices and restarted everything then turned everything back on set up cec again with no luck. I have changed batteries in my remote. I have unplugged every device and restarted everything and nothing!!  I have repaired the remote and nothing. I can tell it wants to work but the update broke something. If I take the batteries out of the remote and when I put them back in the volume control works for about 3 seconds then stops and will not do anything. Mute does not work either. Please fix this as this is very annoying. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 11.5 4216 cec issues. Lost volume control to my Denon receiver

With CEC (1-Touch control) enabled on your Roku, have you had your TV rescan for attached CEC devices?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
claripiper
Reel Rookie

Re: 11.5 4216 cec issues. Lost volume control to my Denon receiver

I have the exact same issue after the 11.5 4216 update.  I had been using the Roku and an hour later I came back and it wouldn't work; it had done an update during that window.  I also have a Denon receiver.

I did all of the steps on Roku's remote troubleshooting page, including re-pairing and replacing batteries.  I double-checked all of the HDMI and HDMI-CEC settings on my Roku and receiver.  I grabbed a different Roku that had not yet updated from another room, and it still works fine.  I compared all of the settings and everything looks Kosher.  It's definitely an issue with the update.