Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dibby
Binge Watcher

No Main menu button on remote

Jump to solution

I know this should be easy BUT I am 80 and no capisco niente

Yesterday, many of my live tv channels disappeared - when I tried to retune my tv, I found that my JVC remote does not have a button for Main menu - can anyone explain, in plain English, how to retune my Roku TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Main menu button on remote

Jump to solution

@dibby 

The "Main Menu" on a RokuTV or Roku device is accessed through the "Settings" menu which is found on the Home Screen.

1. Press the Home Button on your RokuTV remote. (this will return you to the Home Screen).

2. Scroll up or down (using the arrow buttons) to Settings.

3. Select TV Inputs, then Live TV, then Scan for Channels.

----

After scanning is complete, return to the Home Screen (press Home on remote), and select the "LiveTV" tile from the Home Screen in order to watch your locals/antenna channels. 

The Live TV tile on the Home Screen is for local/antenna.  The Live TV found in the left side menu is for Streaming Channels (no local/antenna included there).

---

When I used my RokuTV, I preferred to rename this LiveTV tile to "Antenna" in order to differentiate from other LiveTV (ie. Roku streaming channels), so I renamed it through the settings.

In order to rename, go to Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Rename

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dibby 

The "Main Menu" on a RokuTV or Roku device is accessed through the "Settings" menu which is found on the Home Screen.

1. Press the Home Button on your RokuTV remote. (this will return you to the Home Screen).

2. Scroll up or down (using the arrow buttons) to Settings.

3. Select TV Inputs, then Live TV, then Scan for Channels.

----

After scanning is complete, return to the Home Screen (press Home on remote), and select the "LiveTV" tile from the Home Screen in order to watch your locals/antenna channels. 

The Live TV tile on the Home Screen is for local/antenna.  The Live TV found in the left side menu is for Streaming Channels (no local/antenna included there).

---

When I used my RokuTV, I preferred to rename this LiveTV tile to "Antenna" in order to differentiate from other LiveTV (ie. Roku streaming channels), so I renamed it through the settings.

In order to rename, go to Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Rename

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

dibby
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply [BUT - I already know that I screwed up doing a Factory reset - my wife keeps telling me! endlessly] but there is no Main button on my remote.

Having done that [and been there], I now have  a Roku TV that works for Sky and Live TV [+ several other freebies (sort of)] BUT her favourite radio station [BBC Radio Sussex] has disappeared and I can not find a way to add it back - every time I try, the TV won't do what I want [where is the Favourites button on my remote?].  It constantly says [and in iPlayer] that the program is not available, but it is present on other tv s linked to the same roof aerial.  It's all very odd!

I would love to throw this TV in the bin, but she won't allow that either!

I spoke to Curry's technical Support, and they will collect the TV for repair BUT they will not supply a replacement - so we will be without our main tv for a couple of weeks.  "She who must be obeyed" vetoed that idea too, in short order

Can you please help [in lay English].  How do I add back Radio Sussex [Channel 720, 95.3MHz and 104.5, and 104.8] without tearing out what little hair I have left?

Best regards
Dave Brownstone
Hove UK BN3 3TN
0 Kudos
dibby
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks again for your help BUT I have solved the problem anyway. My wife was looking for BBC Radio Sussex on channel 720.  Little did we know, but Freeview changed all the 720's to 712 on 17th July.  So, a rescan of the Roku TV actually found the correct program but we were looking in the wrong place.  All's well [so far] and I have signed up to Freeview's weekly newsletter so that I can be kept informed of the changes.

Thanks again

Dave B. Hove BN3 3TN

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.