Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reh525

New rechargeable remote charging USB connector

Jump to solution

Very, Very disappointed to find that Roku decided to use the last generation USA connector on their latest remote. Why not use the USB-C connector?

Rob

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New rechargeable remote charging USB connector

Jump to solution

Hi, @reh525 @coastalguy.

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Check out the new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition! It offers 50% longer battery life than the previous Edition, providing up to three months of use on a single charge. This remote is designed to seamlessly work with your Roku devices and includes backlit buttons for easy use in any lighting. Say goodbye to fumbling in the dark!

Make sure not to miss out on the USB-C charging cable included in the box!

Check this link for further details about this: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition)

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sue4203,

Thank you for responding and for providing information about your Roku Ultra. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further concerns or questions.

Here are your next steps:

• Start a new thread: Please create a new thread detailing the issue you're facing. This will allow us to provide you with the most relevant troubleshooting steps.
  • Send a private message (PM): You can also send me a private message for more personalized assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community! 💜

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
coastalguy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Absolutely right! I cannot believe they are using a micro-usb, last generation plug on their rechargeable remotes, instead of the lastest c-usb. I have tons of A to C cords, but had to purchase an old micro-usb in order to recharge my remote that was almost dead and unusable. Is Roku that far in the past???

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @reh525 @coastalguy.

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Check out the new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition! It offers 50% longer battery life than the previous Edition, providing up to three months of use on a single charge. This remote is designed to seamlessly work with your Roku devices and includes backlit buttons for easy use in any lighting. Say goodbye to fumbling in the dark!

Make sure not to miss out on the USB-C charging cable included in the box!

Check this link for further details about this: Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Edition)

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Really? They don't do it because they would make less money per unit. Because the tooing that produces the USB-C is newer and more expensive. Not only the tooling, but production runs wont be as dialed in running a new componant further raising the cost of each unit. It's ALWAYS MONEY. That's why.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Nope just wringing every last penny out of the current tooling...

0 Kudos
Sue4203
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Are any of the Roku Ultra's being packaged with this?  I just bought one at a big box store and it does not have a C connector remote.  Bad enough that it doesn't use [simpler] batteries, now I need a separate cord --      

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sue4203, thank you for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We are grateful for your purchase of our Roku Ultra and are committed to assisting with any concerns you may have.

First, could you take a quick look at the image below and confirm that you've got everything you need for the Roku Ultra 2024, except for the USB-C Charging cable?

We would also like to know the following to further assist you:

• When and where did you purchase this device?
  • Is this the Roku Ultra 2024 that comes with the Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition)?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sue4203
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did some more investigation,  I guess I purchased a 2022 and it appears the Best Buy in  this area does not have the the 2024s on shelf - only for shipping/store pick up right now.  Cords need to be put in tomorrow with a new tv installation because of logistics, so I will just live with it.   Besides I see the newest remote is only blue tooth and not plug in earphones - we need plug in.   

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sue4203,

Thank you for responding and for providing information about your Roku Ultra. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further concerns or questions.

Here are your next steps:

• Start a new thread: Please create a new thread detailing the issue you're facing. This will allow us to provide you with the most relevant troubleshooting steps.
  • Send a private message (PM): You can also send me a private message for more personalized assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and continued participation in our community! 💜

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fasha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please define "simpler batteries" because I have no idea what you're talking about.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.