Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bnjguy
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

I have the same exact issue where the right directional arrow barely works at all. You have to press really hard and sometimes it doesn't work at all. It started doing this a few weeks after I purchased it. Extremely frustrating. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Bnjguy!

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know about this. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution so you can continue streaming.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific Roku remote model are you having this issue with? 
  • Where did you purchase this?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bnjguy
Reel Rookie

RZ-GC1, Amazon

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Bnjguy.

Thanks for the added information. In this case, I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. I will then contact you via PM to gather the necessary details needed. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system. The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Galschals
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuCarly  @HelloEveryone  I have started this thread way around 9 months ago. Till this date Roku never replaced my two faulty remotes in spite of several follow ups on this thread . Every time they keep saying they will ship one , but never do.Meanwhile I am fed up have switched to Apple streaming device. I will complain this to Uk consumer electronics group. Please share if you are having similar experience .

Bnjguy
Reel Rookie

Same here.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.