Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galschals
Channel Surfer

New Roku remote right arrow not responding

Hello , I have replaced my Roku streaming stick remote recently . After a month , the right arrow button has become very sticky. I have to press hard several time to get it working . Just spent £20 on this stuff . Please help to fix it. I think Roku remotes are of inferior quality

0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30

Right button issues causes me not to be able to use remote

I have a Roku Express 4K+. I don't see any answers fixing this issue.  I bought it a few months back but didn't set it up till recently.  The right arrow has to be pressed so hard to work and still doesn't work well.  That is the main button you need and makes it difficult to watch TV.  I have changed batteries, reset everything and nothing works.  What can I do to fix this issue?  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Right button issues causes me not to be able to use remote

Hi @Joyoflife44,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote since the right arrow button is not properly working. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the steps that are provided below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Please keep us informed if the issue continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rhb43
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote sticking buttons

on my Roku ultra the volume button when pushed on two different remotes seems to stick so that the volume goes all the way up or all the way down not step-by-step. Same ultra two separate remotes do the same thing. Model 4800X, serial number X0 1000S8W508. Software version 12.5.0 build 4178 – C2. 

0 Kudos
Rhb43
Channel Surfer

Issue report tracker ID 08–0 550–100. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rhb43,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. Please try to update the software, restart the system, and check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working, and be sure to follow the troubleshooting steps provided. After doing so, please let us know whether the issue is happening on all content or channels or is isolated to one content or channel. (Specify) Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kelbone1

STICKING REMOTES BUTTONS still no help

After looking around at the post about the buttons sticking.. I was surprised at how MANY people have this issue. I have changed the batteries thinking that was it and still didn't work. It is So madding to have your remote button stick when all you want to do is move the cursor to the right or the left. I think I will spray it with WD40.. Roku community is forced to buy another one. But afraid it will do the same thing.. Really sad

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: STICKING REMOTES BUTTONS still no help

Don't spray it with WD40 - it eats plastic.  You might try contact cleaner or taking it apart and cleaning it with alcohol.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I received my Roku box with 2 remotes. Neither one works well. I have to press a button at least 3 or 4 times to get any reaction. It's really irritating and making me want to switch my streaming service to something else. 
Resetting, reinserting batteries... Nothing helps. This is a Roku TV so there's no box. 
I'd like to get the 2 remotes replaced. They are defective!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChicagoNurse,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos