Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffm

New 2024 4K streaming stick volume button issue

Jump to solution

I just purchased a new 4K Roku stick at BestBuy to replace one that was a few years old. I’ve never had an issue using Roku for over 10 years, but with this new 2024 4k stick device, the volume controls on the side of the remote do not work well at all. First of all, there’s a delay in the volume moving up or down or the mute, And you have to push the up/ down volume control all the way at the edge of the button for it to work. Is this really, Roku, how you intended this remote to be? I’ve always liked Roku and remotes have been fine to use, but this is AWFUL. Would appreciate some replies or I am thinking about moving to Fire because  the volume/mute button is just not usable. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: New 2024 4K streaming stick volume button issue

Jump to solution

@ffm 

Sorry to hear your 4k streaming stick is having volume difficulties. Being a long time Roku user myself I can see how this could be frustrating.

Do you know if this is happening on certain channels or is it occurring all the time?

If you notice that it's happening on certain channel s only you could try the following;

- Remove the channel. Go to the channel annd press the star button. The option menu will pop up and select remove channel and hit confirm.

-From there restart your device. Press the home button on the remote, go to settings, select system and lastly system restart.

- After that reinstall the channel. You probably know how to do this if you've been using a Roku device for 10 years, but scroll down to the streaming store, go to search, find the channel you deleted and select add channel.

If the remote issue is occurring all the time I would check to see if there's been any software updates recently. To check go to settings, select system, then scroll to software update and select check now. If there's an update. If there is select update and see if that corrects volume issue.

Fingers are crossed one of these two will help the volume problem you're having. If not, hopefully someone else may have some ideas for you to try. Best of luck and keep us posted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: New 2024 4K streaming stick volume button issue

Jump to solution

@ffm 

Sorry to hear your 4k streaming stick is having volume difficulties. Being a long time Roku user myself I can see how this could be frustrating.

Do you know if this is happening on certain channels or is it occurring all the time?

If you notice that it's happening on certain channel s only you could try the following;

- Remove the channel. Go to the channel annd press the star button. The option menu will pop up and select remove channel and hit confirm.

-From there restart your device. Press the home button on the remote, go to settings, select system and lastly system restart.

- After that reinstall the channel. You probably know how to do this if you've been using a Roku device for 10 years, but scroll down to the streaming store, go to search, find the channel you deleted and select add channel.

If the remote issue is occurring all the time I would check to see if there's been any software updates recently. To check go to settings, select system, then scroll to software update and select check now. If there's an update. If there is select update and see if that corrects volume issue.

Fingers are crossed one of these two will help the volume problem you're having. If not, hopefully someone else may have some ideas for you to try. Best of luck and keep us posted.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.