Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need solution for elderly

@trakster wrote:

My mother-in-law is in a nursing home and Alexa-type devices are not allowed due to HIPPA. Other facilities may have the same rule in place. If they don't, then Alexa would be a good workaround. 

Some Roku players come with a voice remote. The only trick would be if they could understand to press the button to use the voice function. I realize that is the trick for some people. My Dad can't remember anything we tell him 5 minutes later. But he still has the memory to use the TV remote, so remembering a button for voice might work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

@norcaljohnny very impressed! Can you please send me instructions also. Thank you very much and I'm sorry for your loss. 

0 Kudos
Tarpaw

Quite interested in learning more.

You mentioned GitHub - do yo already have a project out there?

Thanks for what you've shared already!

0 Kudos
Aer

Lost count how many usernames and passwords to login to channels need to get myself a delorian and get back to 1980s every bloody channel needs another login - cant wait to put it in the bin!

0 Kudos

Where did you get the cookie for the last item watched to show up when restarting? Can you provide a brief description for how you set up the app/channel with his favorite channels? My partner is on her own journey through dementia and your solutions sound great!