Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need solution for elderly

@trakster wrote:

My mother-in-law is in a nursing home and Alexa-type devices are not allowed due to HIPPA. Other facilities may have the same rule in place. If they don't, then Alexa would be a good workaround. 

Some Roku players come with a voice remote. The only trick would be if they could understand to press the button to use the voice function. I realize that is the trick for some people. My Dad can't remember anything we tell him 5 minutes later. But he still has the memory to use the TV remote, so remembering a button for voice might work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

@norcaljohnny very impressed! Can you please send me instructions also. Thank you very much and I'm sorry for your loss. 

0 Kudos
Tarpaw

Quite interested in learning more.

You mentioned GitHub - do yo already have a project out there?

Thanks for what you've shared already!

0 Kudos
Aer

Lost count how many usernames and passwords to login to channels need to get myself a delorian and get back to 1980s every bloody channel needs another login - cant wait to put it in the bin!

0 Kudos

Where did you get the cookie for the last item watched to show up when restarting? Can you provide a brief description for how you set up the app/channel with his favorite channels? My partner is on her own journey through dementia and your solutions sound great!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.