Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jannyjo

My remote controlled my TV until 5 minutes ago!

Until we moved our TV onto a different piece of furniture (but in the same location) the Roku remote controlled the TV power and sound. We unplugged the remote for all of about 3 minutes while we switched out the furniture. Now we turned it back on, and the remote no longer works the TV. We tried the system set up to have the Roku find our Samsung, then it said, Sorry your Samsung cannot be controlled by this remote. But we know it can. It just barely was doing so!

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: My remote controlled my TV until 5 minutes ago!

Your post doesn’t make sense. You unplugged your remote? You mean you unplugged your Roku right? Did you remove the Roku from the HDMI port? Did you put it back into the same port? What model is your Roku? Can you clarify please. Thanks 

0 Kudos
jannyjo

Thank you for your Reply. Yes, my apologies. I accidentally unplugged the round plug that plugs into the back of my Roku. It says DC in above the plug. There is no other place to put that particular plug in.

The Roki is model: 466OX2

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

So you have a Roku Ultra 4660 and you unplugged the power cord. Ever since your remote isn’t working? Your Roku model was released in 2017. Your remote should be an IR remote. No pairing needed. If you remove the battery cover is there a little button to pair? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.