Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DECampbell
Channel Surfer

Re: My Roku tv keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Worked for my devices. Thanks.

moonJUSTmoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It worked for mine too, Thank you!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ATTENTION CARLY !  
All four of my remotes are having the same issues as CHUCKP235 !!!  I am not nearly as technical minded as he is , but I have tried everything he said he did and nothing helped !!!!   What was the fix ? Are all four of my Rokus now obsolete? They were all purchased at the same time and the same date. About three years ago !  If that is the case I will be looking into buying another brand next time.   Right now I would appreciate any helpful solution you can give me. 
THANKS

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Pennymc3405,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeeinAZ

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I am going to try the reset as I have already done the first part! Hope it works!

0 Kudos
Expressuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue w/Roku Express.  Device is about a year, old goes from constantly scrolling to not being unresponsive and then to scrolling. 

Changes batteries, no jammes buttons, restarted multiple times.
Please advise.

Roku 1 (2710 series) 

Roku Express (3900 series)  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Expressuser,

Greetings!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we sincerely apologize for the trouble. Have you tried unplugging your Roku device for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then plugging it again to see if you see any improvements? If not, then we would be asking for additional information as @RokuArjiemar has requested above this thread.

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Expressuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, i've tried unplugging, there has been no improvement. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Expressuser,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

As mentioned earlier, we will need additional information. Kindly provide us with the following details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

With this information, we'll be able to update the appropriate Roku team who's working on the issue with a fix.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Expressuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

MODEL 3930X ROKU EXPRESS

SERIAL #X004003CNF4

SOFTWARE VERSION 12.0.0 BUILD 4184-AE

DEVICE ID S009313CNF47

Pressing Home and Back button multiple times does not do anything other than prompt me back to the HOME screen

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.