Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ron110

My Roku Voice Remote Shorted Out on my Roku 4K Express+ on my Vizio TV.

Hello

My Roku Express 4K+ worked fine until yesterday 6_4_23 my remote had some form of an electrical short. and is dead. I saw smudges like over heated plastic on outside bottom of the remote case. It appeared to be an overheating and short issue. My Roku is essentially new (maybe a year old) and I purchased it from the Roku website at the same time I purchased my Vizio TV. Can Roku provide a replacement? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully

Ron

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku Voice Remote Shorted Out on my Roku 4K Express+ on my Vizio TV.

Start here:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

When it asks for a serial number make sure you enter the serial number of the Express and not the serial number of the remote.  You can find it under Settings->System->About, written on the device, or listed in your account at https://my.roku.com .  You can use the Roku app on your phone or tablet as a remote in the meantime.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

If you can't get anywhere using the website, come back here and maybe we can get a moderator involved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos