Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone will not work on Roku voice 2nd edition

I have tried to talk to 3 separate agents only to be walked through everything I've already done just to conveniently be disconnected this is the worst with no other way to contact you. I purchased this remote for the reason of having a microphone so how will I be compensated because obviously this was downgrade from the one before its smaller and like a regular Roku remote so did you all just slap a microphone button on the regular to charge more money. I am extremely pissed. Something has to be done about this I just purchased this remote in July.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Microphone will not work on Roku voice 2nd edition

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Wilhelmtaylon!

We appreciate you reaching out to us for support. No worries! We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution so you can utilize the mic button (voice command) feature on your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition).

In this case, I'd be more than willing to coordinate this with the appropriate team to conduct a thorough investigation. With this being said, kindly provide me with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID this remote is currently paired to. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Error message.

In the meantime, if you haven't been suggested to reset your physical remote, kindly try the following steps to help you:

• Press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try the voice command feature to see if you can utilize this. If the issue persists, kindly provide us with the details above.

I'll be looking forward to your update so we can proceed to the next step.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.