Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petebocken

LG and CEC to control TV volume

Just purchased a 43” LG 43UQ7590PUB and have a Roku 4800X and enhanced voice remote (RC651).

I’m wanting to control the TV volume over CEC so I don’t have to point the Roku remote at the TV (via IR).

I have the HDMI from the Roku plugged into HDMI 2 (labeled eARC). SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) is enabled on the LG.

However, when I select CEC setup from the Roku “Set up remote for TV control”, I cannot get it to complete and it says “Unable to set up remote”.

I even went through the Roku secret menu to voice CEC mode for the remote and that doesn’t work either.

I can wake up the TV with the Roku power button while not pointing the Roku remote directly at the TV. So clearly the CEC is working for that and the Roku remote is passing the command through the Roku over HDMI to the TV for the power command, but not for the TV volume commands.

Is this the case for all LGs or just certain models?

Anyone know of any new 43” TV manufacturers that support CEC for the Roku remote, so you don’t have to point the remote at the TV to adjust the volume?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos