Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helpmep1z

Just moved, remote not working, cant connect to wifi

Jump to solution

I just moved plugged my roku into the TV and the remote refuses to work. The remote is also making a high pitched noise, its not very loud but you can hear it when your holding it or its set next to you.

Here are the solutions ive tried that have not worked:

-new batteries for remote (ringing sound still occurs)

-unplugging and replugging everything

-using a mobile hotspot set to the last networks name and password to try to connect and use the remote in the app.

-the reset button on the back of the remote.

i also cant get to the rokus IP address to add it manually in the app since i dont have a remote to use to find it in the setting

I dont want to buy a new remote i should be able to do something else to get it connected and I am very frustrated. This is ridiculous 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Just moved, remote not working, cant connect to wifi

Jump to solution

@helpmep1z 

You are on the right track as long as you have not factory reset your device.

Re: the mobile hotspot.  (set it to the last network name and password as you have done).  Then use another phone to connect to that same mobile hotspot.  That second phone is the one you will attempt to use the Roku mobile app as a remote and should hopefully be good to go.

Alternatively, if you have a router, just set that to the last known network and password, and then use your phone to connect to the network (router) and use the Roku mobile app as a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Just moved, remote not working, cant connect to wifi

Jump to solution

@helpmep1z 

You are on the right track as long as you have not factory reset your device.

Re: the mobile hotspot.  (set it to the last network name and password as you have done).  Then use another phone to connect to that same mobile hotspot.  That second phone is the one you will attempt to use the Roku mobile app as a remote and should hopefully be good to go.

Alternatively, if you have a router, just set that to the last known network and password, and then use your phone to connect to the network (router) and use the Roku mobile app as a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.