Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnson32594
Reel Rookie

Issues with remote buttons falling off

I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the arrow buttons falling off on there remotes we have had ours for about 6 months and the buttons have fallen off of all of the remotes 

12 REPLIES 12
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Issues with remote buttons falling off

What? Can you post a picture? The d-pad (purple) is one mulitbutton. I have had the same Roku remote for years and it still looks brand new. How are you treating your remotes? One of my Roku's is an Ultra about 3 years old. Gets used daily and looks brand new. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have a parrot?  My Brother's African Grey use to bite the color keys off of all my remotes. 😞 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee   ROFL

0 Kudos
Johnson32594
Reel Rookie

16477134368462759339653114254045.jpg

Me and my wife are the only ones that use them and we're not rough with them at all

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Johnson32594  That remote is not a couple of months old and in order for that to happen you have to be very rough with or have spilled things on it. Even your home button is worn. Your remote has a sleep timer button which means it is several years old. The sleep time button is usually on Roku TV's. You can download the Roku Remote Control app on your phone. This is a Roku TV correct?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry hear that, but that's a Roku tv remote, you would need to ask for replacement from the tv manufacturer. Roku only supplies the UI for Roku tv's. 

I'd go to ebay for Roku tv IR remote like that, they're very cheap. The following Roku tv brands all use the same code set: Tcl, Insignia, Philips, Hitachi, Haier, Jvc, Magnavox, Westinghouse, Sanyo, Element, and Onn. If you have one of the above brands stay away from Hisense or Sharp Roku tv remote. Different code used. 

Fastest replacement is to go to Walmart and get Wifi Voice remote, which would need tio paired with your Roku tv before it would control it. Or universal like the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer Remote. About $16.88 at walmart. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Streamer317
Roku Guru

My 2 year old TCL Roku TV remoteMy 2 year old TCL Roku TV remote

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Oily fingers, oily food spill, or plastic defect.

Not common

New remote needed.

Not a Roku employee
Dgomez026

The power button on mine fell off after about a month. I was able to push the button back on but it was very loose. Just this week the button is now lost and I am having to use a small stick to turn on/off the tv now.

image.jpg