Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fireland
Channel Surfer

Re: Intermittent Remote Issues

Danny - I just posted a similar post before I saw this.   I have the same problem with four Ultra Remotes.   And have the same frustration.   Remotes are intermittent on TV functions only in my case but all with new Samsung TVs.    Frustrating and it seems like the remotes have some kind of problem because they al have the same issue.   My other remotes work with no problems but having to switch of remotes is not acceptable,    Need help.

0 Kudos
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

Mine still do it, but not as frequently. But there certainly is still a problem with mine.

0 Kudos
Darth007

I am experiencing similar issues as described above.  I have a Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ connected to HDMI port on a Vizio TV.   The original Voice Remote Pro that came with the streaming stick works MOST of the time.  However, I purchased a second Voice Remote Pro which only works intermittently.  ON/OFF and Volume control are the most noticeable, but other features also work only intermittently.

0 Kudos
fireland
Channel Surfer

Danny - here is my best attempt at providing you the information you request:

Tracker ID -

Model: 4802X Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000X0K4RR (S0DA2290K4RR)

Software Version:  11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Time Stamp: 2023-01-28T22:14:47Z

ID RR-040-214

Since my original post all 4 Roku Remotes have the same problem - al purchased at the same time with the same software update.    It works one minute and the next stops working and then later starts working again.  For us, it is ALL TV function controls and SOund Bar controls - on/off, volume and mute functions.    Never know when it might work so always have to keep the original TV remote handy which always works fine.

I purchased Philips Universal remotes as a result of your defective remotes until Roku figures out a fix, but that option eliminates the voice function and earphone function.

Would really appreciate it if Roku could work on this problem.  Pretty obvious it is not just me and not an IR positioning problem.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
twf1944
Channel Surfer

I have all the same problems listed in the post by snake oil on December 30. I won't list them all, but I will give you the data you requested for 2 of the many issues:  ISSUE=random volume changes up or down, crackles etc: model 3921 RW, Build4312. software version 11.5.0. serial# YH009E701160. DeviceID: JG2899701160. TV model: Samsung UN49KS8000FXZA.   Tracker:  60-044-792

ISSUE= total loss of remote function:  Model 3921 RW.  Software 11.5.0 Serial:YH009E701160. 

Device ID: JG2899701160. TV=LG 22LD350 Version3.31 DirecTV Stream build

3450100    tracker: 60-044-792 and 797

Neither of my remotes work normally. these 2 remotes are about 24 months and 2 months old

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fireland @twf1944 

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

My remote issues seem to have stopped. Only issue I have noticed is the remote will not turn on the TV with the first try. It takes a second try for the TV to come on. This is a minor issue. I have not had the buttons stop working like they had in the past. Hopefully, the problem is fixed... at least for my remotes. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Snakeoil

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. In addition, this can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
fireland
Channel Surfer

Thanks Danny.   As an update, the problem continues for all of my Samsung TVs.    The remote is synched, but then it won't turn on the TV.  After using separate remote to turn on the TV, it seems to work on the volume for awhile and then stops connecting again. Only the connection to the TV on/off and the volume.  Three use IR and one uses CEC and the same problem exists for all 4 units.   Works for awhile and then not again.   Connects to all ROKU functions with no issues.   Just the connection to my Samsung TVs.   Hoping you can fix it with a software update or provide some kind of fix.  Meanwhile, I am having to use two remotes on all four TVs.     

0 Kudos
fireland
Channel Surfer

Update for Danny:   Whatever they did seemed to have worked.    The problem no longer exists.   Just wanted to pass along my thanks to the Roku team and whoever came up with the solution.

0 Kudos