Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhummer1

Remote issues all the time

Why does the remote just stop working?  This is an ongoing issue on both my roku streaming tvs.   The remote just stops working. Battery life is fine. The reset button on remote doesn’t help. I have to unplug my whole device and reset everything. Which logs me out is many streaming platforms. I want to switch streaming devices because this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Jaz0666
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote issues all the time

Maybe you can try ordering a new remote for the device on Amazon or Walmart 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jhummer1,

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Roku remote. We understand that you have already tried resetting the remote, but the issue still persists. May we request the serial number of your Roku device so we help you further? If you are unable to access the Setting menu (Settings>System>About) to get this information, you can find the serial number at the bottom or back of your Roku device. 

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
krking68
Reel Rookie

Every time I buy a new Roku remote it stops working about 6 months later. it's ridiculous.

I have tried all the steps that are recommended by Roku, but none of them work. I feel like it's a gimmick to get us to purchase a new remote every 6 months. What is the issue????? So frustrating. Please help!

3810X Streaming Stick

Serial Number: YH003N615689

Software Version: 11.5 build 4312-50

Device ID: 213183615689

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@krking68 

The 3810 stick+ has a two-piece power/usb cable, this cable is what the remote communicates with, not the stick itself. There are three places where the usb could disconnect from, or the long-range wireless receiver (usb with the bump) can go bad. It doesn't have to be the remote that's bad. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
krking68
Reel Rookie

This has happened with multiple different ROKU models. But with this one it has happened the most with.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @krking68,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern about your Roku remote not working and we're sorry if you are experiencing this issue.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos