Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desa818

Roku automatically goes to Sling and stays stuck on that screen

Jump to solution

I can't get my tv off the Sling screen!  Please help.  I see many others with this same problem. My remote button is NOT stuck. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku automatically goes to Sling and stays stuck on that screen

Jump to solution

@desa818

Thanks for the post.
Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcvila

Re: IR Remote - automatically goes to Sling and stays stuck on that screen

Jump to solution

Hi RokuDanny, 

I have the same issue. My Roku keeps on redirecting me to the Sling App. I uninstalled the app, so now it is redirecting me to download it. It will not allow me to go back to the home menu. I would PM you with my serial number and a description of what is happening, but I do not know how to PM via this portal. Please advise how to proceed. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Brant1991

Jump to solution

model: 3920x sn: if289c001237

0 Kudos
SusieM

Re: Remote Stuck on Sling app

Jump to solution

We were using our Roku and this same issue happened, stuck on Sling.  Did all the suggestions and nothing worked.  Do we need a new remote or a new Roku?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Stuck on Sling app

Jump to solution

@SusieM, it's most likely the remote.  You may have a dirty or stuck button.  Try leaving the batteries out of the remote (assuming it's not the rechargeable remote) and using the Roku mobile app as a remote.  If the problem goes away, you'll know it's the remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too. I’ve unplugged the Roku, taken out batteries and tried in another room. What is the solution? I don’t even watch sling ever. 

0 Kudos