Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBIGs3xy

I have to change batteries in remote every week

I got my first Roku TV for thanksgiving and every week I have to put in new batteries for my remote to work. Is this normal? Why would they make a product that does this?

Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Yeswola
Channel Surfer

Re: I have to change batteries in remote every week

I had the same problem. Solved it by using the short connection cable that comes with the streaming stick. Connect it to the stick then to a wall outlet using a USB adapter. I'm not very tech savvy but it's been working for over a year, changed the batteries once.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheBIGs3xy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please don't hesitate to contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their Roku OS products.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fig07050
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. Every few months I have to replace the batteries on both remotes. Why is that? Makes no sense 

0 Kudos
Yeswola
Channel Surfer

I had this problem when I switched to the stick that goes into the TV. It comes with a wire connection that you attach to the stick, the other end has to be connected to an electrical outlet. That solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fig07050,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with the Roku remote rapidly draining battery. 

Please be advised that battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Do your Roku remotes support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device, Our team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Thank you!

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos