Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDMCGaming

Re: No Pairing Button On New Remote

Jump to solution

Why would your dog eat your remote? Here's a better question: How did the dog eat the remote?

0 Kudos

Re: No Pairing Button On New Remote does have tv power button?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ecompean

Jump to solution

I guess  won't be able to connect the stick as it is not configured with the right WiFi info right?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ecompean, you need a Roku W-Fi remote to get a stick connected to Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Awats112
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Changing remotes from one roku tv to another both simple remotes tv is samsung NOT USING A STICK. No pairing button cant remove previous remote to pair new remote...anybody have thoughts???

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

If there's no pairing button then it's an IR remote that doesn't require pairing.  It's not clear what you're asking.  Do you have two Roku TVs?  Are they the same manufacturer/brand?

0 Kudos
Awats112
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had a remote for a rokutv that I want to pair to my roku Express. Is this possible? I previously had a remote paired to the Express but I want to pair the other remote as it has the volume buttons on it 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@Awats112 

Sorry but Roku tv IR remotes are worthless on stand alone Roku like the express. Which uses a completely different IR code set. Only remotes with volume keys that would work on an express are wifi Roku remote which have pairing buttons in the battery compartment. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Nemo9891

Jump to solution

lmao i have two roku sticks one console type and i throw away an old remote and got new one for my stick n worked jusy fine... there are some remotes that are IR...u r correct about that but to tell them thete roku is worthless if its a stick is absurd, inerrant, and rude.. i mean what if they believed you and just threw it away.. i mean come on have some respect...

ooooop had this remote a wile 'wear & tear, kids beating it up, randomly broke it, or just flat lost it....sorry to all though people in that situation toss ur rokus cause its worthless now.... lol...

wow i doubt they believed some  None sense like that anyway but.....still 

0 Kudos
Awats112
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I bought a new remote from Walmart says roku has voice control on it and it immediately synced with my box. Thanks for the help!