Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBG
Streaming Star

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R How will they contact me?

0 Kudos
Deb65

Jump to solution

My Roku is draining batteries with hours. 

0 Kudos
Deb65

Jump to solution

This is the second Roku in 6 month. First was the cheaper one and kept getting usb connect changed cord several times. This one is 3 months old and is draining batteries within hours sometimes. Help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Deb65

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please reply here with the model and the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can you help me as well please, I can PM you if necessary.  I have a new TCL TV with Roku.  Remote uses two AAA batteries, and they are draining every night.  Does a serial number of 000A17 seem right?  Thanks

0 Kudos
juicejockey
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

i have tried this and it drains the batteries in one day. This did not happen until just this year. Before that batteries would last for a year or better. How do we fix this !!

0 Kudos
juicejockey
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

model RC24 / Firmware 9.02.01.68 / brand new batteries show 76%.

0 Kudos
YoVal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure I can help. I had the same problem but my model is RC404. Solved by updating firmware to RTN.4106.

0 Kudos
YoVal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can also try this-----As stated previously in this thread, we have released an update to remotes that we believe will address the issue you are experiencing. Please perform a system restart from your Roku device. This will update your remote to the latest version. This can be done by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart. After you perform the system update, continue to use your device as normal and monitor the remote battery percentage listed under Settings > Remotes > About. Additionally, if you had moved your Roku device power source to a wall outlet to help address this problem, you may now reconnect the USB cable to your TV's USB port if preferred.
Please let us know if you notice any improvements in battery life or if the issue is persisting.

0 Kudos
yawitz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@YoVal wrote:

Not sure I can help. I had the same problem but my model is RC404. Solved by updating firmware to RTN.4106.

Same for me; the latest remote firmware has addressed the problem in my case, tested over the last couple of months at least.

A lot of folks are reporting the wrong firmware info (i.e. for the streaming device, not the remote). The firmware for the remote is in the form "rtn.xxxx". The firmware for the stick itself may not have any bearing on the battery drain issue.

0 Kudos