Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NaterTater

Re: Remote keeps draining batteries.

Jump to solution

Same issue everyone else is having. Battery drains within a few days. Model 3810X Roku streaming stick+. I can’t find anywhere to PM for my issue. Roku please address our issues. @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
greywolfe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update. Had a chat with Roku, they are replacing my remote. Not happy about the fact that no batteries come with replacement. Not to mention the fact that I have to wait 3-5 days before it arrives. 

Prior to this Snafu, I was pleased with my device. Now, however, I will be looking at competitors for a replacement. 

0 Kudos
dbailey5033
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this issue.  Is there a way that you can assist me in getting to a resolution to my issue.

Model - 3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial Number - X00400JWVEE7

Software Version - 9.4.0 - build 4210-AE

Device ID - S012301WVEE7

0 Kudos
greywolfe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@dbailey5033, I was able to contact via chat. It takes some drilling down but, you can find the link.

0 Kudos
dbailey5033
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I reached out to a couple of Roku employees.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dbailey5033

Thanks for reaching out and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PBG
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Has anyone figured out why the remotes are drawing batteries so quickly. Ours lasts about 2-3 weeks without even using headphones.

our remote is an Enhanced Voice Remote #RC506. Our Roku is a 4800X Roku Ultra sn X01000LGFYF9

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PBG

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hemoglobin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

One thing Roku support is not mentioning for a possible solution is to leave the batteries out for 8+ hours which allows the remote to cold-boot after the software update.  Sometimes a device needs to cold-boot in order to complete a software update and with the simple machinery of a remote, the only way to do this is to completely power down the circuitry by removing the batteries for a long period of time.  This is akin to the same solution provided when you unplug your router and modem in order to reset it, although you only need to disengage power for 30+ seconds!

If not, the problem is likely with the remote itself: possibly a large capacitor that basically allows the remote to work as it should without a constant use of battery power.  If the capacitor fails, the flood gates are open to constantly power the circuity whether it is called for or not; it would be as if every button on the remote is being pressed simultaneously and held down indefinitely.  

Another, however unlikely, problem is a "sticky" key, that could be engaged enough to signal a constant command but still allow the key to carry out its function: when pressed again the key would disengage only to re-engage; or, an irrelevant key that just stays engaged.  I know on the Roku Ultra base unit if you see a constant light flashing very quickly, that means a command is constantly being sent; and, will only stop sending a signal when another key is pressed.  But I believe, even if you don't see a constant flash on the base unit, a key could still be causing a constant drain on the batteries.  Very unlikely, but still a possibility, since you can hold down a button and successfully carry out another command using another button.

0 Kudos
aprice

Jump to solution

I too am having problems with remote batteries draining quickly. In my case, they last about 2 DAYS.  My serial is MODEL 3931X SER S012305MD1UC.  Can you sent me a new one as I have gone through a box of AAA batteries so far.

0 Kudos