Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geno2u
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote constantly stops working, even with fresh batteries

Jump to solution

I have been having several problems with the Roku Ultra and from that there are kids on YouTube with more knowledge about the Roku system than Roku's  customer service. The best solution for me finally came down to unplugging all connection to the Roku box and wait about one minute then plug in an Apple TV box. 

0 Kudos
sydneybird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here with an Ultra with two remotes paired.  Both remotes don't work intermittently and requires a reboot to get them to work again.  Sometimes if I press a button on remote 1, remote 2 works again but remote 1 still does not work.  Mobile remote on my phone works fine and is used to reboot the Ultra without having to unplug.  Finally a good use of an old phone.

0 Kudos
mca2156
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with you.  I have three Roku's, a stick, a Roku TV and an Ultra box and have problems with all three of them.  The stick has to be repaired on a daily basis, the TV loses the passwords for all of the channels monthly and I've had to replace the remote for the Ultra at less then a year old because the volume button stopped working and the head phone jack stopped working.  If you go on line and google these problems you find posts going back to 2015 with the many of the same problems.  Obliviously Roku is just ignoring them.  My fix is going to be to go to a fire stick or some other product, this is ridiculous.

f0xgl0ve

Jump to solution

Where do I find the serial number?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@f0xgl0ve

Thanks for the inquiry.

The serial number/device ID can be located on the back of the device.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

If after trying al of these tricks without solving the problem why should I have to "BUY" a new remote? I shouldn't have to pay more money for a deflective product!!!!

orchid

Jump to solution

Have 3 remotes   not even 6 months old  .  2 will not scroll at at all   New batteries

No support available from a real person    Have re paired remotes and all the trouble shooting I can do online.     VERY ANNOYED   

greyman318
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

We are all having the same issue with the same remote and Roku just wants to sweep the problem under the rug and tell us to "buy" new remotes. 

**THEY EDITED THIS, THEY KEEP REMOVING CONTENT**

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@orchid @greyman318

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sydneybird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remotes are working fine again over the last two weeks after my last remote re-pairing.  Maybe a software update or less sunspot activity, along with the dozens of reboots, re-pairings and new batteries?  

0 Kudos