Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabell007
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

Thanks That may be a short term fix, I will be switching to rechargeable batteries but will leave the stick tv powered.

0 Kudos
Nbenson865

Jump to solution

Same problem changing batteries every two weeks. It is stock is plugged it to wall outlet. This has been going on for years. Please find a solution.

0 Kudos
Sullah17

Jump to solution

Hi, I’m also a relatively new user with the same issue: battery drained. Not using private listening. My battles last about two weeks. Should I send you a PM with my serial number?

Thanks,

-Adrian 

0 Kudos
arapheon
Binge Watcher

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

FInally I have found the answer to this problem.  The batteries drain on the Roku remote when the Roku is not continuously powered.  This is the opposite of what you would think, but once I removed the usb power cord from the TV and plugged it into a wall adapter, the problem absolutely vanished.  I have come to the determination that the remote can go to sleep when it knows where the Roku is.  When you turn the Roku off, it is as if the remote freaks out looking for its home and drains all of its batteries trying to do so.  Even if you leave the TV plugged in, the Roku may not be getting enough power to stay on when the TV isn't on.  If you are having this problem, find a dedicated power source for your Roku and I'll bet your problem disappears.

mabell007
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

jl10 says they had always powered their stick via wall and problem exists for them.  I am going to have my daughter (living remotely) power with wall and see if that is the fix.  your logic is correct, it would seem like remote in constant wireless search mode...but the problem is it should shut off after not finding stick after some period of time.  If roku has not built this is, then it is time to switch to FIRETV...thoughts?  @RokuDanny-R @JL10 @Sullah17  but others are plugged into wall too, and they have the same problem, so, maybe with tv off, ARC on HDMI is shutting down stick???  Just guessing

Coolister1975
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku spends lots of time in my travel bag as it’s my travel streaming stick so that doesn’t solve it for me.

0 Kudos
trusko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How did you know I had it plugged into the USB of the TV? I have several Roku's and the only one that was having this problem was the one plugged into the USB port on the TV. It makes all the sense in the world!! I have just switched it and have my fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
trusko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Another user posted that if I plug the Roku into the wall power and NOT the USB on the TV, it will fix it. I like the suggestion because the only one I am having a problem with is the one plugged into the USB on the TV.

I will check back in a week or two if it works. 

0 Kudos
ogieg

Jump to solution

sent you a few pm RokuDanny-R you have never replied, yet I've gone thru 3 sets of Energizer L battery, in less than a month, those batteries are not cheap

0 Kudos
ek_denver9210
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote battery drain for roku 3800x

Jump to solution

Moisture in the remote? Get real. I have the same issue and I live in Denver where the humidity in the winter is about 5-10%. Everything dries out in minutes

0 Kudos