Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psdavies
Reel Rookie

How do you navigate Hulu Live TV with the Roku Ultra remote?

Jump to solution

None of the typical functions of navigating various app platforms work with the Roku Ultra remote.  Its beyond confusing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
psdavies
Reel Rookie

Re: How do you navigate Hulu Live TV with the Roku Ultra remote?

Jump to solution

My main issue now (have "my stuff" set up now) is how to use what arrows on the remote to navigate quickly through Hulu.  I.e., haven't found a way to do to a previous channel without having to go back to the either "recent" of "my stuff" to return to the previous channe.  TY for your response to date.

Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @psdavies,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your interest in finding out about navigating Hulu more quickly on your Roku remote. Since you are using a remote that is capable of voice commands, you can use this feature to search for and control your Roku streaming device without having to go back to a recent, home, or previous channel.

Your Roku voice remote has a voice button with either a microphone icon (on newer remotes) or a magnifying glass icon (on older remotes). To issue a push-to-talk voice command, simply press and hold the voice button and say a command like "search for comedies," "turn it up," or "launch The Roku Channel." As soon as you release the button, your streaming device will carry out your request and deliver you to the Roku Search screen or elsewhere within the Roku interface. For best results, try speaking in a conversational tone at normal volume. There is no reason to speak any slower or louder than normal or to overpronounce syllables or words.

See more tips and help using voice commands here:

We hope this suggestion is helpful, so please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @psdavies,

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your reports here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of assistance here and see what's going on when accessing Hulu Live TV. 

Could you tell us more about this? Are you able to receive a response from the remote when navigating to on-demand shows on the Hulu platform? Are you able to access this before?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
psdavies
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My main issue now (have "my stuff" set up now) is how to use what arrows on the remote to navigate quickly through Hulu.  I.e., haven't found a way to do to a previous channel without having to go back to the either "recent" of "my stuff" to return to the previous channe.  TY for your response to date.

Paul

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @psdavies,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your interest in finding out about navigating Hulu more quickly on your Roku remote. Since you are using a remote that is capable of voice commands, you can use this feature to search for and control your Roku streaming device without having to go back to a recent, home, or previous channel.

Your Roku voice remote has a voice button with either a microphone icon (on newer remotes) or a magnifying glass icon (on older remotes). To issue a push-to-talk voice command, simply press and hold the voice button and say a command like "search for comedies," "turn it up," or "launch The Roku Channel." As soon as you release the button, your streaming device will carry out your request and deliver you to the Roku Search screen or elsewhere within the Roku interface. For best results, try speaking in a conversational tone at normal volume. There is no reason to speak any slower or louder than normal or to overpronounce syllables or words.

See more tips and help using voice commands here:

We hope this suggestion is helpful, so please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

In the last week I have had my new voice remote, it seems to me to be very handy accessory for my smart tv. However, a major flaw arises when I log onto Hulu Live (I cut my cable a while ago). I bought my remote for the anticipated benefit of activating my programming choices (channels) in a more timely way than having to scroll down the onscreen list manually (I have vision problems too). The remote apparently does NOT do that. It merely either goes back to a previous episode on "my stuff" or gives me the option to subscribe to another app such as "NBC" or "CBS".

If one has a voice remote, shouldn't the user'a voice activate all of the streaming options. Hulu with Live TV IS a streaming option and it would be nice to have the capability of using my voice as a shortcut without putting limitation on what this remote can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.