Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luckii_Charmsz
Reel Rookie

How do I find info for new remote

I reset the Roku and lost the remote. How do I know which remote will work with my device ? Where do I look for a serial number or device number? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How do I find info for new remote

If you log in to your account at roku.com, you should see a list of all your linked devices.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Luckii_Charmsz
Reel Rookie

What if it’s not there???

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

My first guess would be that you're not logging into the same account that the roku device is connected to.  ??

For example, if you created a Roku account today in order to ask this question, and your Roku has already up and running for some time, then it would not be connected to today's new account but an account created in the past.  Does that sound plausible?

Also, on occasion, we've seen posts about Rokus that were connected to the roku accounts of parents, children, roommates,  a son's friend etc.  Any of these might make it hard to find out online.  (And probably should be changed in the long run to maintain your sanity.)

However, for just getting the model number, they are usually printed or molded somewhere on the device too, but in tiny lettering.  Typically it is molded into the case so you have to read tiny black-on-black text.

Banned but back. Because why not?
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The short answer is that either of the Voice remotes will work with any recent Roku device - TV, stick, or stand-alone player.  You have to go back pretty far to find a device that they won't work with.  The simple remote only works with stand-alone players (no sticks or TVs).  And to be clear, a stick plugs directly into the TV without the need for an HDMI cable.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

If you're trying to go the used or 3rd party route, we'd need the model number of your Roku device.  Universal or 3rd party remotes won't work with sticks.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.