Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hermis

How do I find a remote that will work with my box?

I just bought a Roku express; some particular walmart exclusive model that saved me five bucks.

It's nice, I like it, but I kinda wish I had a remote with TV buttons so I can change the volume and power without using a second remote.

I went on Ebay and bought a new roku remote with such buttons for five bucks, but it doesn't work. I can't get it to respond to any buttons I press, and the holding the back/home buttons won't pair it. (I don't think this model pairs anyway; I think its purely IR functions, but it still won't work.)

How do I find what remote version will work with my device? I don't care about some fancy voice command stuff; I just want TV power/volume controls. I'm not interested in paying too much, because otherwise it would be cheaper to return this roku and get a 4K one that comes with such a remote.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I find a remote that will work with my box?

Any of the current Roku remotes will work with any "Express" model that's been manufactured in the last few years.  You may have bought a remote for a Roku TV.  If there's some kind of sleep button on it then that would be a TV remote.  You need a remote with a microphone button on it and TV controls.  It may be cheaper/easier to return it and get the Express 4k+ that comes with a Voice remote.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories
https://www.roku.com/products/roku-express-4k-plus

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.