Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrjordan
Reel Rookie

How do I determine which Roku Model I have I lost the remote and can't access the device so I need

How do I determine which Roku Model I have I lost the remote and can't access the device so I need to figure which model I have in order to purchase a new remote!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I determine which Roku Model I have I lost the remote and can't access the device so I n

Describe it, is it stick with hdmi connector attached? Is it purple? Does it accept a Hdmi cable? Can you post a picture? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: How do I determine which Roku Model I have I lost the remote and can't access the device so I n

@jrjordan 

Several things you can do.

First, you could download the Roku app for your phone. It has remote capability.

Next, every Roku device apart from Roku Sticks and TVs work with the Roku Simple Remote. It's an IR remote.

And, every recent (last 3-4 years) Roku device regardless of type work with the Voice Remote and Voice Remote Pro. Older Express devices don't, but everything else works.

If you had to pair your remote with the Roku device, then it's a Voice Remote of some type. If it had a power button and volume controls, it was a Voice Remote (assuming it's not a Roku TV). If it did not have a power button, it was a Simple Remote.

If it's a Roku TV, the Voice Remote models will work. Otherwise, you'll have to get another from the manufacturer.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
jrjordan
Reel Rookie

Model 3700X WIN_20220305_19_08_30_Pro.jpg

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@jrjordan 

Model 3700 is the Roku Express from 2016. Some apps no longer support it. Just keep that in mind.

The Roku Simple Remote is the remote that came with it. It's $15 and you can buy online, from Walmart, Best Buy, and other retailers. Cheap universal remotes that work with Roku can be found at many retailers. Just ensure the packaging lists Roku as a supported item.

A new Roku Express is $30. An Express 4K+ with a Voice Remote is $40.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Yes, the 3700 express can only be controlled by an IR remote, it cannot be paired to wifi voice remote. So, I'd go with aftermarket universal remote, benefit of this is control of your tv too. IR roku remotes don't have tv controls. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Buy a new Roku 👍🏻

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@jrjordan 

I noticed my Walmart still had a supply of Roku LE (Roku Express Limited Edition- white Rokus) for $15.  This way you get a new device and a simple remote if available in your area.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos