Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spyderjoe
Reel Rookie

Help setting up Onn Roku tv with Onn 2.0 Blast soundbar

I just got a new Roku tv and the settings are different than my old tv. I’ve already reset the soundbar but when I try to setup the soundbar now on the “Let’s get started” screen it tells me to “use the remote in the Roku mobile app”. Neither that or my remotes will allow me to setup the soundbar so I’m basically stuck without it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help setting up Onn Roku tv with Onn 2.0 Blast soundbar

Hi, @Spyderjoe

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for inquiring for support regarding the setup of your Roku TV and Onn Roku Soundbar. and we'd be more than willing to assist. To properly set up, connect a single HDMI cable from your soundbar to the HDMI ARC (or HDMI eARC) port on your Roku TV, and make sure both devices are powered on. When your Roku TV detects the soundbar, it will automatically initiate the setup process. Follow the simple on-screen instructions to finish setting up the connection.

For more detailed information and guided steps, please visit this support article at How to set up your Roku TV Ready™ soundbar

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spyderjoe
Reel Rookie

I did all that, step by step and I am stuck at the “language selection” screen. Neither of my remotes work and I even downloaded the Roku mobile app and it won’t let me select a language to continue the setup. That’s where I’m stuck at, not being able to select a language. It was setup and worked just fine on my last Roku but I only have the wireless surround speakers working currently and they do give a very pleasant sound experience but when paired with the soundbar it was optimal. I’ll have time again this weekend to mess with it again but it seems I’m stuck unless there is a specific Roku remote that might work for the soundbar itself? 

0 Kudos
Tiggerboy

How do I reset my onn 2.0 soundbar, some how it switched to USB, Bluetooth by itself. Is there is way I can reset it back to the HDMI 3 arc set up. How do I reset it all together 

0 Kudos
Spyderjoe
Reel Rookie

To factory reset an Onn soundbar, you need to locate the small, round “Reset” button on the rear or bottom of the soundbar, press and hold this button down for 5-10 seconds using a paperclip until the soundbar turns off.

0 Kudos