Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PerKj
Reel Rookie

Headphones only working on one side

I just bought a Roku Ultra and have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Headphones only working on one side

Hi, @PerKj

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd be happy to gather more details for us to figure this out and proceed with the necessary actions to address this. Could you please tell us more about the issue you're having? Are you using the private listening feature using your Roku remote or through the Roku mobile app? Also, have you tried using a different set of headphones to see if you're able to hear both sides of the audio output? Furthermore, if you're using the Roku remote, have you made sure that it was fully charged?

The more information you provide, the better we can understand the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PerKj
Reel Rookie

Hi and thanks for reaching out.

I am plugging a 3.5mm headphone plug into the Roku Ultra voice remote (RC795). I am not using the mobile app which I believe I cannot download in my location which is Greece.

I have been using headphones on two different Roku3 remotes for 6-7 years without any problems.

I have tried several headphones, and after trying on the voice remote I tried them all on my mobile phone (which has a 3.5mm plug) where they all worked properly.

I did charge the remote fully.

The firmware on my remote is rtn.4244

So that you don't end up doing double work on this issue I did also post a separate thread with the title

"Headphones plugged into voice remote (RC795) only working in mono (one side)"

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @PerKj

We've sent you a PM regarding this issue for us to discuss it better.

Kindly check your inbox as we've reached you from there.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
goosar19
Reel Rookie

Also having the same issue here.  Sometimes both sides will work but more often than not recently its only been on one side.  I have tried plugging the headphones into a computer's headphone jack to verify the headphones work properly and they do.  Tried fiddling with the headphone connections, shaking and turning the jack but nothing.  The remote is charged and all other functions on the remote appear to work.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @goosar19

Thanks for posting, and congrats on your first post here in the Roku Community.

Kindly send us a PM here in the Roku Community and we'll be requesting additional information regarding the concern you have and we'll further assist.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
baka2k23
Channel Surfer

I ended up getting replacement headphones but it sounds like this is a known issue by the amount of complaints I am seeing here.

0 Kudos
JA27

I am having the same problem 

0 Kudos
goosar19
Reel Rookie

Sent a PM but received no response

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.