Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Free HDMI Extender offer problems

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Free HDMI Extender. I cannot fill the form. The page have problems

Do you have a Roku Stick?  What happens if you connect the Roku Stick directly to your television?

If your Roku Stick shows an error message on your TV screen, you may need to check if the device is connected directly to a USB port on your TV.  Error messages wouldn’t occur if the device is connected through a wall outlet nor a power strip.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

They're probably out of stock. Instead of waiting until its back in stock, make your own. Get hdmi coupler, usually sold in pairs, add it to the end of a hdmi cable, now you have hdmi extender. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
LexLuthor1
Channel Surfer

Thank you for answering this discussion.  I need the HDMI  just because I can't connect the stick to the TV. 

0 Kudos
LexLuthor1
Channel Surfer

Thank you

0 Kudos
makaiguy

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extender, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use an HDMI extension cable several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick+ in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV.

You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally or at a non-Roku online vendor and get one faster than waiting for Roku to process your order and ship it to you. Or use a female-to-female HDMI connector to connect your Roku Stick to a regular (non-extension) HDMI cord.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

LexLuthor1
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your answer, I agree with what you say, however, I think that from your point of view you are not considering the simple fact that this device exists for a reason. When the Strick doesn't fit on your TV, you need to use an HDMI extender, that makes it special. Roku understands that this type of problem exists and is real, which is why it offers it on its page. Otherwise, why would they offer it?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@LexLuthor1-

Oh, I see your point perfectly. Personally, I think they should include the HDMI extension with each Roku Stick product, but they don't.  I suggested how you can get around the limits of the Roku system, should you want to get going more quickly. Your call.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LexLuthor1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved with claiming the free HDMI, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
LexLuthor1
Channel Surfer

Ok, here you go S0904210TW19

0 Kudos