Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't order HDMI extender cable

Hi @EricBatdorf,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

Please be noted that the information you provided is your device ID, we suggest entering the serial number found in your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Re: FREE HDMI EXTENDER APPLICATION IS NOT WORKING

@RokuMary-F 

Hi, the form is also not working for me. 

Serial Number 2130A3815495

Model 3810X

Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RThompson81, is that the serial number that's displayed under Settings->System->About or that's shown under your linked devices at https://my.roku.com ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MCalca1706
Binge Watcher

Re: Free HDMI Extender offer problems

Sorry I cannot get a clear picture using my phone or tablet. 

SN on Device:SN 21301H287309
SN on TV System About: YHOOHV287309 

0 Kudos
Poohkie
Reel Rookie

Web page still not accepting request. 

Error We are unable to process your order at this moment. Please try again.

Close

Obviously by the number of complaints, I'm not alone in this frustration. 

0 Kudos
kande000
Reel Rookie

Same as everybody else. Roku Streaming Stick+ SN: 23317A637753

Can you let me know when the problem is fixed?

Thanks

kande000

0 Kudos
speechles
Roku Guru

roku sending hdmi extender

speechles-roku2

Got my free extender

Roku, Thank you! Got my HDMI extender. This does work. Make sure to use the "My Linked devices" to find your serial number and use the exact same email to request the HDMI extender. Most of all. Good Luck! ^_^

Good news too. I no longer see that red "WARNING: Your Roku device is overheating" displaying on the screen all the time on the Samsung 4K TV. 🙂

0 Kudos
MCalca1706
Binge Watcher

Thank you for the helpful information.  I purchased a generic HDMI Extender from Amazon and it did not help with the over heating problem.  I am beginning to think the stick just doesn't like the Samsung M7 Monitor, I tested t on a Sony  43 inch TV and it did not get hot even watching 4K  content on HBO MAX.

On The Samsung M7 Monitor/TV it is always hot  and seems to stay hot even when the TV is off!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @RThompson81 @MCalca1706 @kande000 @Poohkie

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To claim a free HDMI extender, please ensure that you enter the serial number and not the device ID. We've noticed the information you provided is the Device ID. We would like to confirm, did you put the serial number of the device on the form? 

For reference, here is how you can find the serial number from the Setting menu, go to Settings > System > About > Serial Number. Lastly, make sure to use the number "zero" instead of the letter "O" when inputting your serial number into the form.

Let us know if there's any difference after and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Nimfa

JessiM22
Reel Rookie

Free HDMI Extender incorrect SN error

Hi, this is my first time posting here, and I have an issue of trying to get that free hdmi extender for my 4K Streaming Stick from the website's page itself.

After checking the available threads here with a similar issue, I've already determined that I did in fact put down the correct serial number of my streaming stick from my account page (via copy/paste) and did not include any O's that are meant to be 0's/zeroes. I did everything right but the page suggested that my SN was wrong somehow and that the correct one was on the back of my streaming stick.

The SN on the back of my stick was just the Device ID, which I did put in at first but was given a different kind of error before I copy/pasted the actual SN from my page.

There any way I can contact support directly just to get this free extender Roku supposedly has?