Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelasr3
Reel Rookie

Re: Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

I am glad that I found this post. My temporary workaround is to use the rewind button located above the reverse button. It jumps back 15 seconds at a time not 5 minutes! I sure hope they fix this. I have never had any luck logging a call into Amazon Prime video support. I hope your call gets this fixed. 

0 Kudos
Brooke24
Channel Surfer

I can’t wait until Amazon fixes this issue because I’m currently watching Amazon on the Firestick but even that is different. If I stop watching a show before it ends and later I go back to it, I’m not given the option to resume, only watch again. 

0 Kudos

Hi, I just got off with Amazon Chat...they are aware of the problem and they are working on an update on their end.  They said the problem is with amazon prime video.  Hope this works.

jtgostars
Binge Watcher

Would have been nice if someone had told us about this change as I am relatively certain this was not the case previously

0 Kudos
Brooke24
Channel Surfer

@jtgostars @You can see from some of the other posts that this is not a “change” but a glitch that Amazon is aware of and is working to resolve the issue. It seems to be with only the Roku Amazon Video app. Hopefully, it is resolved soon. 

0 Kudos
Rebstarr

I’m having the same problem. Just started a couple of weeks ago. It’s seriously ticking me off. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have only recently had the same problem but only with Amazon Prime videos.  Netflix still has 3 speed options for fast forwarding or rewinding.  Amazon has been no help.  Will try using the other directional arrows suggested by someone.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pilo0t 

Thank you for this useful information.  I tried having an online chat with Amazon and it was as annoying as trying to fast forward or rewind at a useful speed on Amazon Prime videos.  You must have the patience of Job to have found this information.

texgeekboy

I'm glad I found this.  This happened to me after my wife had watched some stuff on Amazon Prime.  I was going to blame her for changing something but thought better of it since I couldn't find a way to change it back!

While I don't wish ill on anyone, I'm glad to see that someone said the Fire stick is also having the problem.  Otherwise Amazon wouldn't be too concerned about fixing something just for Roku since they have a competing product.

0 Kudos
CaptainGray
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. The old one in the living room works fine but the new one in the bedroom FF is too fast but it used to work fine until a few of months ago. It mainly (only) happens on Amazon Prime video so I called them and they of course sent me to Roku's phone number which of course "due to the virus" BS excuse,,, they have NO live customer support people BUY Hey, even my bank and credit card people and VONS store have customer support people, most working from home but hey, not Roku... and their support is zero help too (tells you to buy another remote)... a if...

I am not happy at all is saying very little. I think it is a Roku problem...

0 Kudos