Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KD1SQ

Express 4k streamer remote eats batteries, Roku's support page says they don't support it.

We purchased an Express 4K streamer device (NOT a stick) back in late November at Best Buy.

We've finally gotten fed up with the remote eating half a dozen batteries every two months as it did from the start.

The Roku support web page says that they do not support this device (although they continue to sell it?) 

The problem needs to be addressed. Roku, please provide either a phone number or an email address that I can contact to see about getting a free replacement for this defective remote. Not a web page that fails to provide any direct contact information - I'm tired of that particular runaround.

We've used and owned Roku products for well over a decade. We have always told people, when asked, that they're a fine product.

We will happily begin to tell people that Roku fails to stand by its products and provides horrible support once the rubes have ponied up their money if you can't be bothered to help long term customers who have owned half a dozen of your products.

I'm sure that Google or Amazon would be happy to eat your lunch for you.

Hoping to hear from you.

13 REPLIES 13
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express 4k streamer remote eats batteries, Roku's support page says they don't support it.

Hi @KD1SQ,
A warm welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. That is not what we aim for.

We'd love to provide support with your remote issues. Can you try to elaborate on the issue you've been experiencing? Also, May we know what type of remote you're having issues with? You can refer to this article to Identify your remote.

Once further details have been gathered, we'll be able to provide you with the best resolution possible.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
madmax2069
Binge Watcher

Re: Express 4k streamer remote eats batteries, Roku's support page says they don't support it.

i think they was fairly clear in their comment on the issues they're experiencing.

0 Kudos
onbesco
Reel Rookie

I purchase the same device ROku Express 4K+ in July 5 and are having same issue I have been replacing batteries just about every week.  HELP!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @onbesco,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having trouble with your Roku remote draining batteries. We would be more than glad to assist. How often do you use your Roku remote, and what feature do you usually use? In addition, what brand of batteries do you use to replace the old ones with your Roku remote?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gblanch

I am experiencing the same thing with the remote in my kitchen.  About two weeks maximum and they are drained.  Brand new pack of Energizer MAX with a 12 2032 date stamp.  The batteries had a full charge before use.  I am not having the problem with my other Roku remotes.  A response would appreciated since Roku doesn't have an 800 number.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gblanch,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having battery drain issues with your Roku remote. We would be more than glad to assist. Was this issue present the moment you purchased the device? In addition, how often do you use your Roku remote, and what feature do you often use?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OmaHawkeye

I am having the exact same issue. My Roku Ultra remote is not connecting, and the batteries are draining extremely fast! 

0 Kudos
OmaHawkeye

We use this remote 2-3 times a week, depending on the day. After 3-4 times resetting the Roku, and trying tonaync the remote, there has been no success. 
When I replace the batteries in the remote. It flashes green 4 times when I hit the sync button, but then it never syncs with the Ultra box. 
I have had this Roku for about 18 months. 

thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OmaHawkeye,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to gather more information for us to further assist you. Would you be so kind as to provide your Roku device ID, Serial number? (Can be found in Settings > System > About). In addition, what Roku remote are you currently using?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos