Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenjen473

Directional Pad button issues

I purcahsed a roku streaming stick in July of 2023, and by September the right directional pad became hard to press and then stopped working altogether, while the rest of remote was fine Bought a new one and about a week after having it the down arrow started to do the same thing. Now you have to push down hard and hold it to get it to work. All the other buttons work fine and we use our living room remote way more and haven't had this problem. I'm not seeing a warranty and don't want to waste money buying another if it's just going to do the same thing, so I use the app on my phone but shouldn't have to if the oroduct would last longer than 2 months at a time.

22 REPLIES 22
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Directional Pad button issues

Hi @jenjen473,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about this, and thanks for letting us know about this remote woes.

Do you see this behavior coming up often, or is this a sporadic issue? Have you tried repairing it or performing a system restart to help fix this?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jukor737

Re:Remote righ arrow problems

Shortly after purchasing Roku Express 4K+ the remote right arrow became difficulty to push. With time it has become extremely difficult to get it to work. Does anyone have a solution? Will electronic contact spray solve the problem?

bubbie
Reel Rookie

Re: Re:Remote righ arrow problems

original remote is 3 months old and the up/down arrow keys stop working. side to side ok. bought new remote, paired with streaming 4k and the side to side did not work, up/down did. googled for fixes and tryed several. none fixed problem. all other features on both remotes worked. I think Roku has a manufacturing QC issue, but we will never know.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jukor737 @bubbie,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having a remote issue and we'd like to know more about this. 

Could you share with us the serial number of the device where the remote is paired? We'll be able to assist you from there.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KentuckyB

I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick 4K in August of this year. I've noticed that the right direction arrow has become less and less responsive over the past month making it challenging for family members and guests to navigate.

Up, down, and left are ok, but right needs a couple extra pushes before it responds making jt difficult to use. I tested in the  keyboard part of the Search feature to confirm which directions work and which do not. Right seems to be the issue

To troubleshoot I've rebooted streaming stick, re-paired the remote and still requires a hard push to get the right arrow to work.

Remote model is RC-GZ1

Please provide a path to resolution.

Thank you for your time.

KYB

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KentuckyB,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're sincerely sorry about this. Kindly send us a private message together with your shipping address, phone number, and type of Roku remote (simple, voice, or voice pro) so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eatbees20

I see a lot of issues with the right arrow button on the roku remote but no answer how to fix it, just referring to reset and to ask the comunity. I have 2 of the same for about an year i bouht in the US and brought it to Brasil. One you have to press multiple times at the right and a bit harder. Its in the bedroom and we dont use it daily. The other one in the living room turned into a nightmare and you have to press so hard you hurt your thumb. Last resource would be to use a hammer.

Changed baterias, resetting seems to improve slightly for a short time, but it gets worse after a few uses. It has to be a contact issue. So your answers like "being sorry" want help and thoughts and prayers want help either.

The voice control want help either, because it want execute direcional comands

I bought another one here in Brasil, but sure it loks like but when you get it, it want work. So another few buck for the trash.

Its time for your factory to recognize there is an issue and to fix it, and if possible give instructions to your customers if there is a way to do a home repair to clean the contacts.

I am reluctant to try opening because it may just fall apart.

So, whats the veridict for a solution? Please don't respond "sorry....". Just tell if its repairable or if it needs to go all in the trash. Next time i know what never to buy anymore.

Btw, i have 2 rokus in the US for many years, they never had a problem

jmjohn12
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issue.  I purchased my new ROKU STICK in September and immediately went on vacation so didn't use it much until I got back.  I literally have to use both hands to use the right arrow button.  Put in a support request, got an acknowledgement, then nothing!  All I want is the remote replaced.

It should be replaced free of charge!

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @eatbees20 @jmjohn12,

We appreciate you letting us know about this here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We'll be glad to assist you with your remote replacement. Please send me a private message together with your shipping address, phone number, and type of Roku remote (simple, voice, or voice pro) as instructed on the post above.

We'll be waiting for your details.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos