Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikalou
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Nope. And now I don't even get the stupid 100 in the corner when I push the volume or mute buttons. I'm highly annoyed at this point. 

PaulCas

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Yes.. but only on 1 of the three identical roku devices.  I went to setup and followed instructions, Volume control now works but can not turn TV on  (It will turn it off but I need the TV controller to turn it back on.

0 Kudos
PaulCas

Jump to solution

Yes. Tried to reset in setting and restored volume control but still can't turn TV on (it will turn of from roku device but can not turn on)

Issue Id is 01-189-505

Thank you

0 Kudos
burleywright
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My name is Burley Wright. The remote stopped controlling power/volume/muting a few days ago,

Model 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+ 

Serial Number YH00F9789311

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4195-50

LG TV Model 65NANO90UNA

Onkyo Receiver Model TX-SR308

Issue ID 11-189-521

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Are there any updates to this? Has a new update been pushed? I see people talking about volume working, but mine continues to be broken. 

phreyn

5/12 Update on Roku Ultra 4670X killed TV control

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra 4670X restarted due to an update. Now, it no longer controls the TV volume or power.

0 Kudos
DrScott

Jump to solution

Roku Express+  3931RW 

Serial number X00400VFA25SO=

Software version 10.0.0 build 4195-AE

Device S01229AFA25S

I have no sound after the latest update.  Please help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: 5/12 Update on Roku Ultra 4670X killed TV control

Jump to solution

Hi @phreyn

Thanks for the post. 

We are aware that a subset of users may have lost TV power and volume functions on their remote after the latest OS 10.0 update. Some customers impacted have the following remotes:

• Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:

• Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultra, the volume on my remote quit working. The tv is Dynex. Please fix this asap.

0 Kudos
txnewsies

Jump to solution

Volume control stopped working. Power button however still works and turns on TV. Going thru manual setup for TV does not work. Everything worked before.

Roku Ultra model 4660X2

TV - Sharp Aquos model LC-60LE745U

Issue ID - 73-189-917

0 Kudos