Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RockStarInLife
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I have already given the info requested and waiting on a fix.

Been trying and testing other methods as well and here is what I found.

If I turn my TV built-in speakers back on and unplug the Sonos soundbar... then the roku remote will control the volume up and down on my TCL TV.

But once I turn off the TV built-in speakers and use the Sonos playbar soundbar the remote will not control the up down volume. Note: The Sonos soundbar is using optical cable to TV.

So the 10.0.0 update did something to mess up the ability to work with the soundbar plugged in via optical cable.

#Rollback

0 Kudos
Catyfooch
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 3810X - Roku streaming stick +

TV make/model - Vizio D43-D2

Issue ID - 30-197-133

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Remote volume is not working at all and the other Roku remote controls are off and on.... mostly off.

Model 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +

Issue Id 61-197-133

0 Kudos
moviegourmet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra device model 4660X

TV make/model Samsung Model LN-T5271F 8

Issue ID  92-197-127

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So it's telling me to go into the settings of my TV but I CAN'T ACCESS THE SETTINGS WITHOUT MY REMOTE CONTROL.... This is brand new TV less than a month old and this is what I'm dealing with. I'm two seconds away from asking for my money back and getting another brand. This is absolutely ridiculous. I haven't been able to do anything with my TV since Saturday.... My wife and I have sent emails with no response... How do you create a TV and not include away to use it without the remote??? Can someone please help me. Brand New 70 inch TV that's worthless.... 

ONN ROKU TV

70" 4K UHD TV

Model #100012588

ThrorII

Jump to solution

TV: Vizio Smart TV Model M557-G0

Roku Model: 3800X-Roku Streaming Stick

Software Version 10.0.0, build 4195-55

Timestamp: 2021-05-17T22:06:45Z

Issue ID: 93-197-166

Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine did not ask me for my brand of tv. Once I out in for new remote and I pushed the button in the Roku remote and it synced no issues. It ask if you could hear music.

It's great this worked for you. 

Roku needs to provide details as to what they are doing. We all provided our details and it's radio silence.  It's unacceptable 

Jump to solution

I had to fix this issue on our 4 Rokus/TVs.  What a pain.  Wife not pleased.

0 Kudos
Aknot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have two Roku sticks for two of my Insignia TVs. Both of my Roku remotes stopped working . Completely dead. Batteries are new. It happened a couple days ago when there appeared to an update. Please help me with this. There is not telephone consumer service for this issue. Thank you, Jean

0 Kudos
Talleur

Jump to solution

The volume on our Roku remote suddenly stopped working this week.

Roku model is 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick.

Serial Number YFOOHF359889 (CT396H359889).

Software version: 10.0.0 built 4195-55.

Timestamp: 2021-5-17T23:04:19:Z

TV is an Insignia.

The issue ID is 89-197-224.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Trish Talleur

0 Kudos