Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Yes, model 3810X - streaming stick SN: 21307A168739 Remote- SKU 3226000674 Model RC-EL1 FCC ID: TC2-R1028 Television is a Samsung. Bought this product November last year, 2020. Now it doesn't do anything, I tried all the fixes. Please send me a new that works!! Thank you!!

0 Kudos
McancdewC

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: RC461 (found in settings) or 3810X (showed up with issue ID)

Element ELDFT501J

45-195-881

0 Kudos
Sydwahl56
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You know after I did the first one I had no idea what I did on the second and third. I can only say try it again maybe removing battery during the detection phase to see if that works. I like you and a few others on this string were fed up with the problem.

I thing also a software update was what did us all in, and for those of us with Spectrum do not reboot the device as the spectrum app will go away and cannot be recovered.

I gather its some lovers quarrel between roku and spectrum why the app cannot be reloaded. No new deal between them...

Just try again and play around with it.

0 Kudos
DandC

Jump to solution

Roku device model 4660x Roku ultra

tv Mitsubishi WD-65734

Issue ID 53-195-878

0 Kudos
Sydwahl56
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey just fiddle with it using the method I was shown. Forget I would say the chromecast if it is still tied with and android phone ...pain in the you know where. Firestick best bet, I have em all.

0 Kudos
Aknot
Reel Rookie

Both of Roku remotes do not work

Jump to solution

I have 2 TVs with Roku stick and remote. Both my remotes have stopped working on both my TVs. With new batteries they are not pairing to tv

0 Kudos
Imforguns
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Volume and power function work then watched a movie on Netflix and stopped working

Roku model 4670X

ser J0032514952

10.0.0 build 4195-46

device Id KW90533514952

ID 52-195-9501 

TV Samsung

Model LN40D630M3FXZA

0 Kudos
jgraver
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to get mine to work by doing the following: 

I went to setup my TV again

I replied yes to playing Music and then went it got to Code 1 - Even though it did not mute the music I said yes it did and then it worked.  I would auggest trying each code by saying yes the music stopped playing even though it didn’t and one of the codes will likely work.

snappleNsnorage
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick remote power on button does not work

Jump to solution

I got an update on 5/14/21 and now the volume buttons on the remote for my Roku Streaming Stick+ no longer work, but the power, navigation, and other buttons do still work.  The Roku is connected to a Sharp Aquos TV.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Both of Roku remotes do not work

Jump to solution

You don't use the pairing key in the battery compartment to reprogram the roku remote for your tv. Its only for linking the roku remote to the roku itself. So with remote controlling the roku go into settings:

settings> remote & devices> remote> REMOTE IN USE!!> program tv> follow prompts. 

Once the remote loses the tv settings they are not coming back until you repgram them in. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos