Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sydwahl56
Channel Surfer

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I have 5 roku device and all within the last week have issues with volume control stopped working. Fix needed ASAP. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick remote power on button does not work

Jump to solution

@Mike98and @Maroy --

Settings - System - System update will show you the Roku software version and date it was installed.  Does this correspond with the date your problem started?

If your Roku remote is no longer controlling the TV power and volume, you probably just need to set this function up again.  Settings - Remotes & devices - Remotes - Remote (in use) - Set up remote for TV conlrol .. and follow the prompts.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AlDave
Channel Surfer

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Found the solution. This works with the latest update. 10.0.0 build 4195

You have to do Factory Reset first. That was what was missing in the solution. This should work for all. 

1. Go to Settings>Advanced system setting>Factory Reset

2. Once factory reset is done, then go back to settings>remotes & devices>Set up new device>
select remote 

and just do regular usual remote setup

3. The remote should work as before 👍 

4. It is a pain to put all passwords back. 

0 Kudos
JBStreaming
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Do not factory reset it you're using the spectrum app.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I lost volume on all my remotes (qty. 5) in the house. I do not have the remote reset option thru my tvs and I dont have sound bars. 2 roku's were bought within the last year. I read you had thos same problem March of 2020. What's go on???

0 Kudos
Chuch16
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra

Model: 4670RW
Phillips TV

Model number: 55PFL5601/F7

Issue ID: 77-195-137

0 Kudos
RKL

Jump to solution

Loss of power and volume control. 

Roku model # 3810x streaming Stick +
TV Westinghouse 

ID# 63-195-148

0 Kudos
Jess1e
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After trying a bunch of times I was able to get it to work again by going through adding new device. Previous attempts were not recognizing my tv. Vizio

0 Kudos
Boardmanbear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Manually update your Roku then reinstall your remote as a new device. Because to go thru all test phases of the remote. This worked for me.

0 Kudos
Boardmanbear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Manually update your Roku then reinstall your remote as a new device and follow thru on all remote test test procedures. This worked for me.

0 Kudos