Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mucci1270
Reel Rookie

Device not responding to remote commands

Jump to solution

Have a Roku Express with simple remote. As of this morning, device is not responding to remote commands. Seems so uck on home page & when I move, the Directions TV page comes up & can not move from home page or Direct Tv page. Tried re-setting everything - internet, Roku device, remote, tv and works for a while then happens again. Also, after resets, I am able to get to a tv channel - YouTube TV or Pluto and then I get the “do you want to exit channrl” message & I can not get out of the message or change the channels. It started this morning, I even did sit ware updates & it is current..,I can not seem to know what the cause or to do to fix it. Any ideas from anyone???

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device not responding to remote commands

Jump to solution

@Mucci1270, did you take the batteries out of the remote?  This problem is usually caused by a stuck button on the remote or another unrelated remote with a stuck button that is interfering.  You can try putting the Express in a box so no remote signals can possibly get to it to see if it's there's something external causing it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

Try taking the batteries out of the remote and using the mobile app as a remote to see what happens.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Mucci1270
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the mobile remote & it is responding, but I am stilling being brought to the Directv channel to add the channel or try a free trial every time I go to the home page & try to access any of my other channels or navigate anywhere….it automatically bring me to the Directv channel & I can not access anything else. Did Directv channel get pushed yesterday to anyone else & is causing this issue? Any help would be appreciated…I have tried everything. Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Mucci1270, did you take the batteries out of the remote?  This problem is usually caused by a stuck button on the remote or another unrelated remote with a stuck button that is interfering.  You can try putting the Express in a box so no remote signals can possibly get to it to see if it's there's something external causing it.

Mucci1270
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information …I will give isolating the device a try & see if it works.

0 Kudos
Mucci1270
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank You renojim. Isolating my Roku device from the remote worked. I am able to navigate through the Home page & channels with no issues. Now, I just have to figure which button is stuck & then un-stick it. Thank You again!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.