Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmrn
Reel Rookie

Re: Charter Spectrum universal remote starts ROKU player and changes TV input to ROKU player

Jump to solution

If orienting the Roku so that the IR sensor can't pick up a signal from the cable remote, you could try some opaque tape over the Roku's IR sensor.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Charter Spectrum universal remote starts ROKU player and changes TV input to ROKU player

Jump to solution

@nmrn wrote:

If orienting the Roku so that the IR sensor can't pick up a signal from the cable remote, you could try some opaque tape over the Roku's IR sensor.  Good luck!

That will only work if you have a Roku that uses a WiFi Direct remote. Some Roku players either don't support that, or they came with a simple IR remote. In either case the IR sensor needs to be open for the Roku remote to work. For example, the Express/Express+/Express 4K and Premiere come with IR remotes. The Express 4K+, Ultra and Streambar comes with a WiFi Direct remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you tried turning off consumer electronic control (different brands have different names for this) on the TV itself?

0 Kudos