Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFT135
Binge Watcher

Re: Changing preset channel buttons

Jump to solution

I was not familiar with the 1-Click Tech remote.  That looks like a good solution for many users.

It wouldn't work for me for at least two of our three Roku boxes, since both of those route the audio through Denon receivers, requiring separate device control for audio and the TV.  As a retired AV professional, I have more complex setups that most.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello I seen you answered sometime with almost the same issue I have. I'm my case I used the Disney+ and Vudu buttons all the time but my voice remote stopped holding a charge. So I ordered a replacement  and the replacement has HBO max and Apple TV instead.  I do not have and will not be getting either service but I would like to be able to use the shortcuts without giving up the 1 and 2 special buttons that I already use. Is their any fix coming in the near future. I would not have bought the new remote so quickly if I know it got rid of my most used short cuts. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@anciantknight, there's no fix.  The buttons can't be changed and there's no way to know what buttons you'll get when you buy a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NPC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If the buttons are not programmable, but fixed, then why does the packaging not show what presets are inside? That is deceptive.

Adammled
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am looking for a remote, but the packaging on Amazon or Walmart shows the App buttons as blank.  Is there a way to pick which App buttons you get since we cannot reprogram them to the services I actually pay for?  Specifically, I'm looking for one with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Disney+. 

NPC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sometimes the online ad will show buttons with stickers on them. Best Buy seems to include Netflix, Disney+, AppleTV+, and Paramount+. I purchased four from them online and they are all the same.

I started to purchase from the last 3 from Walmart, but their ad showed Discovery+ instead of Paramount+.

I'd love to see how to hack and reprogram the firmware, but I doubt that's possible. Clearly a design made by marketing, not engineering.

FYI The newer Fire Sticks seem to have the same marketing trick.

RFT135
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just stumbled into a series of remotes available through Amazon that might solve your needs if you can use IR remotes (no RF Stick support).

Some of these have programmed buttons for 7 apps including the 4 you requested.  They support Roku TV's and 10 different brands of TV for use with separate devices by using a combination of buttons to select the desired brand.

I have not tested these, so can't vouch for their operation.  Please let us know if they work for you.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Yimaut/page/48EAA184-0A54-49C8-A8CF-AD2A879BD9D4?ref_=ast_bln

- or just got Amazon and search for Yimaut Roku Remote

mzobrest

Jump to solution

Please be advised that you cannot re-program a channel button on any Roku remote that has a channel name printed on it 

0 Kudos
Abakerco
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You do realize that's what the complaint is about? The fact the it's cr@p shoot what you get for channel buttons and the fact the is should be an easy change to have all the channel programmable since they already include 2 programmable buttons now.

Billhoward

Jump to solution

Of course. Those companies pay a good amount of money to be on that remote. Brilliant branding. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.