Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chucho190

Re: Cannot toggle through apps on my Home Page

Jump to solution

I have the same issue - brand new stream bar Pro

MODEL 9101R2

Serial Number YL00AA299085

SOFTWARE  12.5.5 build 4174-95

Device ID 3K644A299084

PLEASE USE ISSUE ID 84-302-886

0 Kudos
Angie76

Jump to solution

Same issue here also with Streambar Pro.  Everything works but can not toggle through the apps!  Tried everything, even a factory reset, and still does not work!

@RokuCarly  it seems we are having the same issue with our Roku Streambar that the others are having. 

Model 9101R2 roku streambar pro

Serial YL0022709068

Device 3K6172709068

Software 12.5.5  build 4174-95

0 Kudos
Rodie1025
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Factory reset only helped mine for less than a day. Then it went back to not working. 

0 Kudos
dandeman
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Control will not select apps

Jump to solution

UPDATE - 29 July

Voice activation works on the main apps section. Once the app is open all commands work.

When I hit the back button or home button that puts me back in the main menu.. No way to select (or toggle noted in other posts)

Another note: The apps icons disappear when returning to the home page. When I scroll to Live TV and then return back to the home page, the icons appear. However, there is a quick flicker in the page which seems to make me think it tries to activate but then something in the code is blocking any link connections.

0 Kudos
Kvalentine68
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any update?  It is super annoying!

Please fix!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

We genuinely appreciate you reporting this and providing us with the necessary details. Please be assured that our team is diligently working to identify and resolve the issue promptly so that you can get back to streaming without any further delay.

If the issue persists after performing all the troubleshooting steps provided above, kindly provide us with the following details so we can forward these to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

• Roku device model, serial number, and current software version. 
  • Issue tracker - you may use the voice command (if available) and say "Tracker ID"
  • A video clip that shows using the remote and your TV

Your continuous patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sjl9069
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I certainly will be hesitant to recommend this product to anyone. Apparently ROKU QC isn’t what it used to be, or they have none. This issue should have been found in a quality control check and rectified before sending it to market.  This item should be pulled from the market until the issue is fixed so nobody else has to contend with it. 

0 Kudos
gregsl

Jump to solution

Same problem here. However I think I MAY know what caused it in my case. 

Had the device for just three days and today I casted a YouTube video from my phone to the Roku, which I've done many times with other Roku devices. Took a minute to link up but then the video from my phone played fine on the TV. After watching it, I hit the home button and this issue suddenly occurred. 

Read through all these comments, and decided to factory reset. It's working again. I also turned off my phone's Bluetooth while it was resetting (realized maybe that was the culprit) so I don't know if this is a temporary fix like some of you have had, or maybe a potential cause. If any of you have connected something with Bluetooth besides speakers, try turning off that Bluetooth and see what happens. Again, just a stab in the dark and I'll let you know if the issue comes back.

0 Kudos
Jerick1983

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. 

Tried resetting and that didn't work. 

Tried the update software and it shows it doing it and restarts the device,  but then shows it was last updated in April,  so the update isn't doing anything. 

MODEL 3930RW-Roku Express

SOFTWARE VERSION: 12.55 build 4174-AE

DEVICE ID S999324X95E5

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Jerick1983.

We appreciate you providing us with those details. Rest assured that we have included this in our investigation and will find you the best resolution possible. 

Once I've received updates from the team, I will keep you posted. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.