Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find remote to roku so I downloaded app so I could use the remote on there but having issues

Jump to solution

So I have misplaced my roku remote and thought I had my issue under control by downloading the roku app that has the remote built in. However, now where the roku hasn't ever been connected to my wifi I can't connect the two devices over the same wifi which I'm familiar with. Anyone have any suggestions please:)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot find remote to roku so I downloaded app so I could use the remote on there but having iss

Jump to solution

The simplest answer is to borrow or buy a new remote to get set up.  Then the app will work.

If it is a stick, then you need a roku voice remote.

Otherwise a cheap universal remote or a clone ir remote from eBay or Amazon will do just fine.

Not a Roku employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot find remote to roku so I downloaded app so I could use the remote on there but having iss

Jump to solution

The simplest answer is to borrow or buy a new remote to get set up.  Then the app will work.

If it is a stick, then you need a roku voice remote.

Otherwise a cheap universal remote or a clone ir remote from eBay or Amazon will do just fine.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos