Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdmcmanus30
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem by disconnecting my wifi and reconnecting.

0 Kudos
perking812

Jump to solution

I was having the skipping problem, did the system restart and that solved it for me.  Here’s how I found restart:  On Roku remote, press the HOME button (upper right hand corner of remote); 
Scroll down to SETTINGS, select it
Select SYSTEM
Scroll down to POWER, select it
Scroll down to SYSTEM RESTART, select it
Select RESTART

Hope this helps

CPO1

Jump to solution

I have an LG tv and a Roku stick and this is the first time ever this has happened to me. Usually when something goes wonky with the Roku we just push the reset button on the Roku stick and it resets everything. And it worked this time as well. The reset button isn’t easy to find on the stick so look on the side of it furthest from the plug-in. Just hold down 3 seconds and it should reset the stick. Good luck!

Re: Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution

This also solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos
Eborelli

Jump to solution

Thank you system restart worked, this was driving me nuts!

csargent

Jump to solution

I think it very odd that this issue came up just a few days ago for so many people.  Could it have anything to do with the storms we have had of late?  Would be nice to know why...

0 Kudos
Luvbug915
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Im still having the same issue. I was sent a new remote because Roku support said it was something with the hardware in the remote. I’m still having this issue with the new remote. I’m thinking more and more that it may be thee receiver and not the remote. I have the stick and I have an older device. The new remote doesn’t jump around or freeze with the older model just with the stick. But I can’t control volume or power with the older model. I wanted this remote since I don’t have the original remote for the tv. I’m not seeing any permanent solutions to the jumping issue. Sure restarting the Roku will help tonight, but tomorrow night it will do the same thing again. There needs to be a permanent solutions to the jumping. 

Sdt57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did the restart and it seems to be working, what happened that do many users have this problem??!

0 Kudos
Luvbug915
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For me, the restart only works for so long. I have to restart 3-4 times a day, so I would say the restart is NOT working for me.

FolkViews

Jump to solution

I’m glad I eventually found this thread. It solved my problem. I was about to drive the car over there remote and chuck the remnants into the electronics recycling bin and order a replacement. 

0 Kudos