Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonyruble
Reel Rookie

Re: Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tonyruble,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is aware of the issue. Please provide us with the following information below for us to further investigate.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have this information, we can do further investigation. We can look forward to your response.

Regards

Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LLB70

When trying to select what to view, the selection keeps jumping to other selections

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with 2 different Roku’s.  When I am on the Roku Channel or Disney Channel and am using the remote to pick what to watch or when I am trying to use the search feature, the screen just keeps jumping to different selections so I can’t pick what I want.  But I have no issues with Netflix.  At first I thought it was remote issue,  but when I used my other Roku and different remote, the same thing was happening.  

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When trying to select what to view, the selection keeps jumping to other selections

Jump to solution

Hi, @LLB70 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We'd be more than happy to assist you regarding your concern about continuous scrolling on your Roku streaming devices. 

Just to clarify, have you tried to perform a system reboot? (Settings > System > System restart)

If the issue still occurs, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We need to gather your device's information so that we can forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Kindly provide us with the following details:

1.  Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2.  Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3.  How long have you been experiencing this issue?
  4. What steps have you taken to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We'll wait for your update! 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenTiamat1
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

This is awful!  I too have had to stop watching my channels and canceled them all.

One touch to the remote and the t.v. responds however it wants.  Jumps and darts all over and I cannot get it to stop.

I won't use my phone to deal with it.  

0 Kudos
QueenTiamat1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

that all seems like rubbish.

We are all having the same issue, so it seems to be on your side and providing all those serial numbers shouldn't be our responsibility.

0 Kudos
pdmcmanus30
Channel Surfer

Re: When trying to select what to view, the selection keeps jumping to other selections

Jump to solution

Telling people to supply information by going to settings, etc. is ridiculous when they cannot control their remote to do so. Fix this problem. Last Roku I will be purchasing until you show you can fix this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings, Community users,

We are aware that this must be an ongoing problem, since we have previously been provided with information and specifics pertaining to it. We sincerely thank you for your time and attention, and we are sorry for the delay in finding a solution to this matter.

Our team is currently hard at work investigating this. As a workaround, you can use the Roku mobile app to control your devices. For more information, you can visit our support website, How to Connect the Roku® Mobile App to Your Roku Device. The information that was asked is essential for our team to look further into this issue.

We'll be looking forward to it. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dawnkitty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TLA111 gave the solution earlier in this thread....  RESTART WORKED...Go to Settings/System/Power/System Restart

0 Kudos
Tonyruble
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So I've tried everything rebooting it unplugging everything letting it set plugging it back in changing the batteries in the remote it scrolls really fast and then it freezes scrolls fast and freezes and never pick the selection I want I've tried everything nothing is working

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.